Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A big day Thursday

A big day Thursday

Reds play day game vs. Dodgers, Cards are off.

Reds need to make a statement to the Dodgers, avoid the sweep, and gain a bit of momentum with a win as they venture out for a west coast trip.

Being up vs being down a 1/2 game makes a big difference.

After being blown out Monday, then having Rolen and Baker booted tonight, I think they'll come out tomorrow guns blazing against Ely.

I'd like to see Heisey and or Nix get some abs tomorrow, and certainly hope Rolen is in there to let his bat do the speaking for him.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: A big day Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Being up vs being down a 1/2 game makes a big difference.
    Only after the final out of the regular season....
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Technically...impossible

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Your absolutely right. Absolutely right. And every win will help the Reds get closer to that goal.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

I agree, Thursdays game is very important.

Let's hope Dusty doesn't trot out one of those Sunday Special lineups.

Technically...impossible
    It's happened to the Reds before so it certainly isn't impossible.
    Tim McCarver: Baseball Quotes
    I remember one time going out to the mound to talk with Bob Gibson. He told me to get back behind the batter, that the only thing I knew about pitching was that it was hard to hit.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Normal line up out there today against a garden variety guy. Not that recent events have given me much faith in those variables; but I expect Arroyo to come up big.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    Normal line up out there today against a garden variety guy. Not that recent events have given me much faith in those variables; but I expect Arroyo to come up big.
    And he did, albeit unconventionally. Nice call.

Nice rebound....I'm looking forward to attending this weekends game 'on a winning streak'.

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

That should make for a bit more pleasant plane ride. Hopefully the end of a slump.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

gain a bit of momentum with a win as they venture out for a west coast trip.
    Many a promising season has been dashed on the shoals of The Coast.

OOOOH YEEEAHHHH!! CarolinaRedleg's Avatar

After the first two games of the Dodger series, I was afraid the dreaded West Coast swing was making a housecall. Nice recovery though. Now, got to keep the momentum up.

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

The Reds should buy me a season ticket, I've been to 7 games and they are 6-1. I'm not seeing bottom feeders either, I've seen them beat St. Louis twice, the Mets, and the Dodgers (the other two were Houston and Kansas City).
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

I truly dread the West coast trips. They have over past 10 years been the killer of hopes for the Reds season. That being said this is a new team and they are playing great.
    2006 Redzone mock Draftee's- 1(st) Daniel Bard(redsox), 1(st sup)( Jordan Walden (Angels), 2(nd) rd.- Zach Britton(Orioles), 3(rd) Blair Erickson(Cardinals), 3(rd) Tim Norton( Yankees),(cuz its a Tim Hortons thing

Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    I truly dread the West coast trips. They have over past 10 years been the killer of hopes for the Reds season.
    The "curse" of the West Coast goes back farther then that though. Many a times during the 70's, and the days of the BRM, I dreaded those trips.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Quote Originally Posted by Topcat View Post
    I truly dread the West coast trips. They have over past 10 years been the killer of hopes for the Reds season. That being said this is a new team and they are playing great.
    They aren't playing great but its still ok. If this was a trip to play the Dodgers and Giants, with the way the team is playing right now, I'd expect 2-4 or 1-5, but Seattle and Oakland doesn't seem so bad. Oakland is struggling and Seattle is bad. The parks will help our pitchers, the DH will help our defense by allowing Gomes to DH or our older and/or injured guys by allowing Rolen and/or Phillips to possibly DH while resting up. Not having to PH might allow the Reds to avoid using the lousy part of the pen as much. I'm actually fairly optimistic about this trip and think the Reds should go at least .500. They may actually do better but probably need Lee or Felix to have an off night.

Come home and beat up on Cleveland and hold our own against Philly and the team should go into July in good position for the second half. Hopefully by then Volquez and Bray can fortify the staff a bit and hopefully the Reds can bring some one in to lead the rotation. It would be nice to leave Seattle with Cliff Lee on the Reds team plane.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

Having better players makes "the right time" or "the big hit" happen a lot more often. PLUS PLUS

Turn Off Ads?