Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last night I was being really really negative about the game..........then

Last night I was being really really negative about the game..........then

I slapped myself, looked at the standings and saw we are still tied for first place. I'm worried, but hey as long as we are in first life is good right..?? Let's take this matinee and leave this bad homestand on a good note.

Go Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Last night I was being really really negative about the game..........then

To some extent you are right but on the other hand, you have to be ticked that we arent taking advantage of the Cardinals poor streak - there is no reason we shouldnt / couldnt be up 3-4 games right now.
    Today is a must win. You cant go 3-7 on a homestand and then fly west where Oakland is always competitive and in ball games and then in 2 / 3 vs. the Mariners, you have to face Felix & Lee. Not that they cant lose a game or anything but its going to be tough - its very possible to go out and go 2-4 there but lets hope it doesnt happen.

Today's game is crucial.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mivers176 View Post
    To some extent you are right but on the other hand, you have to be ticked that we arent taking advantage of the Cardinals poor streak - there is no reason we shouldnt / couldnt be up 3-4 games right now.
    Today is a must win. You cant go 3-7 on a homestand and then fly west where Oakland is always competitive and in ball games and then in 2 / 3 vs. the Mariners, you have to face Felix & Lee. Not that they cant lose a game or anything but its going to be tough - its very possible to go out and go 2-4 there but lets hope it doesnt happen.

Today's game is crucial.
    That's how I feel.

And our offense's inability to manufacture and muster up some runs against tough pitchers says alot about our postseason chances, because we'll be seeing only good pitching in the postseason.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

I'm calling for a win today and 4 of 6 on the trip out west.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    That's how I feel.

And our offense's inability to manufacture and muster up some runs against tough pitchers says alot about our postseason chances, because we'll be seeing only good pitching in the postseason.
    Exactly.

It would be interesting to see the stats for when we face a team's 1-3 starters vs. their 4 and 5 and then see those stats for other NL teams to see where we rank. You are spot on about facing top notch pitching come playoffs so when we get a leadoff double, lets learn how to move him to third with an out and give someone a chance to knock him in instead of stranding him on second!

I am upset that we haven't capitalized on the Cards struggles, but it sure beats the heck out of most years where we are 10 under .500 and 10 games out by now. That's what I'm trying to say. We are struggling, but not as bad as the Brewers, Cubs, and Astros. I'm going to make myself content to be in a pennant race. Do I wish we were 5 games up? Of course, but it's not that way and not much we can do to change it. I have a gut feeling that we are due to go on a winning streak on this road trip. I don't think the veteran leadership of this team will let this team slide into too big of a losing streak. I could be wrong though

If we were playing remotely decent ball the lead would be 3 or 4 games. Instead they lost 2 of 3 from the royals, and gave up a game against the Giants, now they are showing zero ability to score runs, playing awful D, and making mental errors all over the place. I think frustration is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    Thats a good forecast, hope your better then our weathermen
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I wouldn't bet the farm on it, but hope springs eternal.

The last time we were in one of these funks was in April and we pulled out of that one. Oh well, I should stop being positive because it gets us nowhere. I know that we are in a huge funk and will probably be under .500 by July if we keep playing this way. I'm well aware. I honestly believe this season will be the same old story like every other season. That's the way I feel deep inside. This season pretty much is going as a carbon copy to last season. Yes we have a few more wins and have been above .500 a little longer. Last year Volquez goes out. This year Bailey goes out. Last year Aaron Harang sucked. This year Aaron Harang sucks. Last year Johnny Cueto is inconsistent. This year Johnny Cueto is inconsistent. Last year we being a big losing streak by losing to the Royals. This year the losing streak has started with the Royals. I guess thats why I'm trying to stay positive about being in first place for as long as we can hold on too it. I'm as frustrated as anyone.

And I am going all Smokey Robinson on here and singing, "I second that emotion".

There ya go, get a Smokey Robinson reference and its gotta be good!!
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

I'd rather be 4 or 5 games up in mid-September than mid-June
    "...kicks and deals, and it's right down Broadway"
    2009 Attendance Record 1-2
    2010 Attendance Record 3-1
    2011 Attendance Record 2-0
    2012 Attendance Record 6-2

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    In order to do that, you cant dig yourself a hole right now
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by BigPoppa View Post
    10 wins now are worth just as much as 10 wins september. For every game you dont win now you have to win one later.

I think every team in baseball would rather win 100 straight then lose 62 straight if you gave them the option.

Turn Off Ads?