Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello Walt, where are the moves?

Hello Walt, where are the moves?

We know the bullpen needs help, we know players like Ian Snell who is a lefty are available without having to give anything up and now this player is on the market:

The Marlins have designated lefty reliever Renyel Pinto for assignment, tweets MLB.com's Joe Frisaro. The move clears a roster spot for reliever Tim Wood, who was recalled from Triple-A.

Pinto, 27 next month, had a 2.80 ERA in 15.2 innings for Florida this year, striking out 16 to eight walks. He has actually fared better against righthanded batters in his career than lefties. Pinto is owed approximately $640K for the remainder of the season, and he will be under team control for both the 2011 and 2012 seasons.

Why not take a flyer on these guys, they can't be worse then what we have now...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Hello Walt, where are the moves?

Reds are trying to trade for Cliff Lee. They are supposedly offering Votto and Cueto.

I made this up. I do suspect Walt is calling people. He always has made moves in playoff races. I expect this year to be no different.

No calls needed for either of the guys I have listed, both are DFA and available without giving anything up. Bringing up a guy from AA is not an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Reds are trying to trade for Cliff Lee. They are supposedly offering Votto and Cueto.

I made this up. I do suspect Walt is calling people. He always has made moves in playoff races. I expect this year to be no different.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    No calls needed for either of the guys I have listed, both are DFA and available without giving anything up. Bringing up a guy from AA is not an answer.
    but bringing in a guy who was cast of from the marlins and another cast off from the mariners is the amswer? im gonna guess walt knows what he is doing juuuuuuust a tad bit more than you.
    Last edited by Kiss the Baby00; 06-17-2010 at 12:07 PM.

There is a protocol he has to wait on. Those guys arent just free to be picked up right now.

"We will go to war with what we have."

Quote Originally Posted by Fon Duc Tow View Post
    "We will go to war with what we have."
    Well than, were screwed.

There aren't many trade possibilities out there right now, as many teams have yet to waive the white flag. Even the Mariners who are 12.5 games out said they arent giving up yet. The Reds just need to hang around for another month and then we'll see Walt make a few moves.
    Last edited by mound_patrol; 06-17-2010 at 12:18 PM.
    Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had better learn baseball - Jacques Barzun

Might be, why not give it a shot? We know we have very limited options in the minors and right now the trade market is very tight so why not give these two guys a shot. We know Snell can pitch in the NL, so he is a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    but bringing in a guy who was cast of from the marlins and another cast off from the mariners is the amswer? im gonna guess walt knows what he is doing juuuuuuust a tad bit more than you.

its simple. make a deal for oswalt now. give up 2 mlb ready guys and one still in a or aa. i'm telling you it will give us the boost we need. we have no answer when facing another team's #1 or #2 most of the time.

There is no room in the payroll for someone like Oswalt, so no reason even discussing him or Lee and such.

There is no room in the payroll for someone like Oswalt, so no reason even discussing him or Lee and such.
    you're right, assuming we keep arroyo & harang. i think at least one if not both will be gone though. there isnt room for Harang's contract but we have him. i'm sure there are things that could get done to make it happen.

Even with losing Harrang's contract next season this team doesn't have the monies to get an Oswalt. We need to keep Bronson as we need some vet leadership in that rotation and we need to start locking up players like Votto and Bruce long term. We can't put 15 million towards Oswalt and keep Bronson and ink Votto and Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Well than, were screwed.
    Glad to have you on our side.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Even with losing Harrang's contract next season this team doesn't have the monies to get an Oswalt. We need to keep Bronson as we need some vet leadership in that rotation and we need to start locking up players like Votto and Bruce long term. We can't put 15 million towards Oswalt and keep Bronson and ink Votto and Bruce.
    If the Reds traded for Oswalt there would be your veteran leadership. That said, I don't see him ending up in Cincinnati.

Turn Off Ads?