Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati Police Department

Cincinnati Police Department

I was just wondering if anyone has heard any rumors of Cincinnati PD hiring in the near future. My research indicates that they are not due to the financial instability, but I was just wondering if anyone in the area has heard some rumors.

I talked to a recruiter a few years ago he stated they hired pretty consistently, but then the whole financial melt-down occurred, and everything has been quit.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Cincinnati Police Department

I work closely with the Cincinnati Police, and I've not heard anything recently about them hiring. In fact, the city of Cincinnati is facing a gigantic budget hole next year, and the word around the force is that they're expecting officers to be laid off.

I'll PM you if I hear anything differently, though.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I dont have any information but just a tip saying "I'm just doing my job" is a very annoying thing to say to someone you are writing a ticket. So if you ever join the force please just remember that. Nothing more annoying than hearing someone who applied, went through training, and what ever else they had to do use it as an excuse. :O

What would you rather the guy say, Dude?

"I enjoy schadenfreude, so, here. This'll hurt you a lot worse than me!"
    or
    "Here, dumba$$. This is for driving too fast when I was right beside you. Moron."
    or maybe
    "y'know, I'd let you go, but Captain Farney insists I fill my quota first."
    or even
    "Take THAT!" (Obviously, he'd be doing some sort of touchdown celebration while handing off the ticket. He may also add an improvised Boo-Yah, but only if he has a passing resemblance to Stuart Scott, glasses, the first name Stuart or Scott, or has been interviewed for VH-1's I Love the 90's.)

Would those be any better?

Im not replying to your insults, but I will make a note of them.

Have a nice day sir.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I dont have any information but just a tip saying "I'm just doing my job" is a very annoying thing to say to someone you are writing a ticket. So if you ever join the force please just remember that. Nothing more annoying than hearing someone who applied, went through training, and what ever else they had to do use it as an excuse. :O

Excuse? They need an excuse other than you breaking the law to write you a ticket? Seems like more a statement of fact than an excuse.

Maybe they just say that because it's annoying to hear people whine about getting a ticket.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I dont have any information but just a tip saying "I'm just doing my job" is a very annoying thing to say to someone you are writing a ticket.
    And, don't be the guy who gets pulled over who says, "I pay your taxes".

Actually I think seeing a cop exceeding the speed limit without lights/siren on and/or driving with wife/kids while off duty is more annoying. Seems to be a daily occurrence on I-465.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Excuse? They need an excuse other than you breaking the law to write you a ticket? Seems like more a statement of fact than an excuse.

Maybe they just say that because it's annoying to hear people whine about getting a ticket.
    I was pulled over for an illegal left hand turn (I did it, it was blatant and I knew it) by a Hamilton County Sheriff. I kept my mouth shut and he let me off with a warning rather than a $200 ticket. Sometimes knowing when to play the penitent is necessary. Way too many folks whine and make excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I was pulled over for an illegal left hand turn (I did it, it was blatant and I knew it) by a Hamilton County Sheriff. I kept my mouth shut and he let me off with a warning rather than a $200 ticket. Sometimes knowing when to play the penitent is necessary. Way too many folks whine and make excuses.
    Comments that assume that cops only say things when someone "whines" are pretty funny.

Comments that assume that cops only say things when someone "whines" are pretty funny.
    I'm not assuming that. But even if the cop says something, it is a good idea to keep your mouth shut. I'm not saying it is right, I'm saying it is prudent.

I'm not assuming that. But even if the cop says something, it is a good idea to keep your mouth shut. I'm not saying it is right, I'm saying it is prudent.
    I didnt say I replied. I was just telling the guy that saying that to anyone, even if they are whining, is stupid. You dont use a job you applied for, and did the training for to sound remorseful or use it as an excuse. I've had a cop say it to me, and it just makes me want to say "I didn't realize we force people to become cops now."

"I'm just doing my job" implies that they are forced to write tickets and were forced to be cops. Really just rubs me the wrong way.

Write the ticket and say "BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE" if you want. Its way less insulting that playing the coward like that comment suggest you are. Of course this is all my opinion so what ever .

Write the ticket and say "BOOM GOES THE DYNAMITE" if you want. Its way less insulting that playing the coward like that comment suggest you are. Of course this is all my opinion so what ever .
    You know, I thought this forum had rules about personal attacks. But I suppose I could be wrong. And, no, a smily doesn't change the nature of your insult.

You know, I thought this forum had rules about personal attacks. But I suppose I could be wrong. And, no, a smily doesn't change the nature of your insult.
    That comment isnt targeted at you at all. Its talking about the nameless cop saying it. Quite frankly pretty surprising that you even read it that way.

That comment isnt targeted at you at all. Its talking about the cop saying it. Quite frankly pretty surprising that you even read it that way.
    How else should I read your comment?

"Its way less insulting that playing the coward like that comment suggest you are."

You are? If not me, who was it directed at pray tell?

Turn Off Ads?