Turn Off Ads?

Thread: The Hannigan factor

The Hannigan factor

I did some checking, nothing to in-depth, of the results the Reds had using different catchers. Here is what I found.

With Hanigan behind the platethe Reds are14-9. Opposing teams are averaging about 4.3 runs a game.

With Hernandez behind the plate the Reds are 21-20. Opposing teams are averaging 5 runs a game.

With Miller behind the plate the Reds are 3-2. Opposing teams are averaging 3.6 runs a game.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Re: The Hannigan factor

Seen this stat thrown around a lot lately. I'd like to see what Hanigan/Hernandez "Catching ERAs" are over last year and this year combined. I think that Hanigan does call the better game, but I don't believe the difference is as large as I've seen some of the numbers make it out to be.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I did some checking, nothing to in-depth, of the results the Reds had using different catchers. Here is what I found.

With Hanigan behind the platethe Reds are14-9. Opposing teams are averaging about 4.3 runs a game.

With Hernandez behind the plate the Reds are 21-20. Opposing teams are averaging 5 runs a game.

With Miller behind the plate the Reds are 3-2. Opposing teams are averaging 3.6 runs a game.
    Well, that finalizes it. Corky should start every game from here on out. :
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

BUMP:http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=cin

It was definitely a good sign for injured Reds catcher Ryan Hanigan.

Hanigan, who has been on the disabled list since May 29 with a fractured left thumb, did some catching in the bullpen on Saturday when he warmed up starter Sam LeCure.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post

With Hanigan behind the plate the Reds are14-9. Opposing teams are averaging about 4.3 runs a game.

Hernandez Caught only Cueto and Leake, while Hanigan got Harang, Arroyo, and Bailey. Leake and Cueto had some the Best Records (W-L's) on the team before Hanigan was injured. So if is clear that the only reason why Hernandez is catching .500 is because of the run the Reds have partaken in here in the past week or so.
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Turn Off Ads?