Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-18-10 Reds vs Mariners (Cueto vs Lee)

6-18-10 Reds vs Mariners (Cueto vs Lee)

Cabrera 6,
    Phillips 4,
    Votto 3,
    Rolen 5,
    Gomes 7,
    Heisey 8,
    Bruce 9,
    Hernandez 2,
    Cairo DH,

Let the cursing begin!! Cairo is starting..

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 6-18-10 Reds vs Mariners (Cueto vs Lee)

Only in Dusty Bakers world would a DH hit 9th rofl.

DH are nothing but bats, why do you DH one of your worst hitters roflroflrofl.

I dont understand the thought process of Dusty ever.

Not only is Cairo DHing Dusty is taking his chance to put in his best defensive team and throws it and flushes it.

Completely unacceptable.

Baker is a turd!

I was going to make a joke yesterday that Baker will probably DH Cairo and put the gimpy, octogenarian Cabrera at Shortstop, and the worst outfielder Gomes in Left.

I had just made a prediction that the REDS would win today 3-1, but I'm changing it.

REDS lose 5-1.

Any moron could have made a better lineup.

Cabrera sits and Janish starts. Gomes is DH. Heisey in Left and bats 2nd behind Phillips who leads off.

Phillips....2B
    Heisey....LF
    Votto.....1B
    Rolen......3B
    Gomes....DH
    Bruce.....RF
    Stubbs....CF
    Hernandez..C
    Janish......SS
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 06-18-2010 at 05:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Only in Dusty Bakers world would a DH hit 9th rofl.

DH are nothing but bats, why do you DH one of your worst hitters roflroflrofl.

I dont understand the thought process of Dusty ever.

Not only is Cairo DHing Dusty is taking his chance to put in his best defensive team and throws it and flushes it.

Completely unacceptable.
    Great point, but the Reds will win tonight in spite of this stupidity

I really would like to know what the justification for hitting Cairo DH tonight is. Stubbs, and Nix both better be in the hospital.

The more I think about it the more ridiculous it is.

Who wants to bet that its because Cairo played in Seattle? No joke I would be less surprised by Dusty using that as justification than anything else.

I really would like to know what the justification for hitting Cairo DH tonight is. Stubbs, and Nix both better be in the hospital.

The more I think about it the more ridiculous it is.

Who wants to bet that its because Cairo played in Seattle? No joke I would be less surprised by Dusty using that as justification than anything else.
    I can't wait until the Day Duhsty Baker is gone.

I literally hate the man.

I wonder how many times a DH has hit 9th this year in major league baseball... Id be surprised if its more than once.

Cairo is 5 for 9 against Cliff Lee. Thats why Dusty is DHing him. Hes going off the stupid small sample size of 9 career ABs against a pitcher, in which none of them have probably came against him since 2008.

I honestly thought that lineup was a unfunny joke when i first saw it. I wish they would hire someone to proof read the lineups before dusty turn them in because that has to have been a misprint when dusty filled it out. doesnt it? Please tell me it was a misprint. How does a guy whos litterally been in the game for like 30 years think thats an acceptable lineup?

Cairo is 5 for 9 against Cliff Lee. Thats why Dusty is DHing him. Hes going off the stupid small sample size of 9 career ABs against a pitcher, in which none of them have probably came against him since 2008.

thats a pretty good number though.. i predict Cairo gets 2 hits tonight

And today Cairo will be 0 for 3.

How great would it be to have the Speed of Drew Stubbs batting 9th?

Stubbs
    Cabrera
    Phillips
    Votto
    Rolen

That would score some runs. Putting Cairo in front to clog up the bases (if he even gets on) is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

Guess nobody gets to successfully steal a base tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    Great point, but the Reds will win tonight in spite of this stupidity
    That has happened quite often this year. They've won a lot in spite of him. But, ti's caught up to the team. The overuse of Masset and Cordero, and now maybe Rhodes, along with the underuse of Janish over Cabrera (if not for many defensive replacements alone).

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That has happened quite often this year. They've won a lot in spite of him. But, ti's caught up to the team. The overuse of Masset and Cordero, and now maybe Rhodes, along with the underuse of Janish over Cabrera (if not for many defensive replacements alone).
    Can you just enjoy being in first place for 5 minutes without bashing Dusty. We are slumping a little but every team goes through it. You make me want to not even watch the game. Cairo did well when he filled in for Votto and has had success against Lee. I would have started him too tonight. Why not play percentages ?

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Can you just enjoy being in first place for 5 minutes without bashing Dusty. We are slumping a little but every team goes through it. You make me want to not even watch the game. Cairo did well when he filled in for Votto and has had success against Lee. I would have started him too tonight. Why not play percentages ?
    Because putting your worst defensive OF in the field, combined with your worst option at DH, is stupid managing no matter the sample size.

If you trust that sample size so much why dont you have the stones to bat him higher than 9th also.

Basically Dusty doesnt care he just does what Dusty does.

Turn Off Ads?