Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 6-18-10 Reds vs Mariners

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Re: 6-18-10 Reds vs Mariners

OK, someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we put up like six runs on Lee the last time we faced him when he was with Cleveland (and was on a tear that year that led up to the Cy Young)?! I swear I remember that and if we can't put up too much against him, maybe they can at least run up his pitch count so they can pounce on their bullpen and really do some serious damage. And regarding Cairo, at least he's not batting higher in the order tonight. Gotta find the positives everyone, LOL

I'm glad part of this west coast trip falls during the weekend when I can stay up late to watch the games. I'm sitting here with my green tea ready to watch the game and like all other good Reds fans around the country, I'm also doing my nails. I know you're all jealous, LOL :
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

If we're going to go with a small sample size, what about Nix this year against LHP? 8 ABs .375 .444 .500 .944.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

If Cairo is 5 for 9 career, why not lead off?
    Go Gators!

Haunted by walks

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    It's 9 atbats.

It's too small a sample to even be a small sample size. It's a micro sample size.

A mini sample size?
    Tiny sample size?

Itty bitty?

It's two games worth of at bats.
    A nanosample?

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC1212 View Post
    OK, someone correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we put up like six runs on Lee the last time we faced him when he was with Cleveland (and was on a tear that year that led up to the Cy Young)?! I swear I remember that and if we can't put up too much against him, maybe they can at least run up his pitch count so they can pounce on their bullpen and really do some serious damage. And regarding Cairo, at least he's not batting higher in the order tonight. Gotta find the positives everyone, LOL
    I think the Reds gave him his first loss that day. That was right around when Jay was called up, no?
    The Rally Onion wants 150 fans before Opening Day.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rally-...24872650873160

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Announcing your DH, Miguel Cairo!

SS Cabrera
    2B Phillips
    1B Votto
    3B Rolen
    LF Gomes
    CF Heisey
    RF Bruce
    CA Hernandez
    DH Cairo

SP Cueto RHP

Seriously Dusty? You couldn't have a great defensive OF and Gomes DH?
    There's so much here to chew on...

Safeco's left and center tend to hold up flyballs so a flyball pitcher like Cueto can be given a boost by having a great defensive outfield. Left field almost plays like centerfield so it's especially desirable to have good defense there.

Not sure I understand the outfield tonight in that light.

That said, Safeco rewards left handed hitters.

We have two in the lineup tonight.

Really with Lee on the hill what's Dusty supposed to do I guess? Dusty is playing against the pitcher, not the park.

Cairo at DH though? I'm perplexed there.

Anyway, Gomes will probably have a webgem, Cairo will probably hit two homers, and the righties will likely pound the ball senseless...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I think the Reds gave him his first loss that day. That was right around when Jay was called up, no?
    I remember that match up.... was it Cueto or Volquez he was matched against.... I think it was EV who was also having just as nice of an early season?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Were sitting just up from home plate tonight.....looking forward to seeing Lee and Cuetos stuff
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

We are go.

Cabrera up.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

1 out
    Phillips up

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Don Wakamatsu looks like he could be Kyle Chandler's brother.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

9/ Ichiro with a good catch having to take it from Figgins
    2 out
    Votto up

If Brandon hadn't been running, that ball might have dropped.

1B/ Joey goes opposite field
    Runner on 1st
    2 out
    Rolen up

2B
    1B->3B/Votto
    Runners on 2nd and 3rd
    2 out
    Gomes up

Rolen now 8 for 14 lifetime against Lee as he doubles.

Turn Off Ads?