Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Manute Bol passes away at age 47

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Manute Bol passes away at age 47

Sad, sad news.

Humanitarian and former NBA player Manute Bol passed away at age 47 on Saturday after battling acute kidney failure and skin disease.

Bol, who stood 7'7", blocked 3.3 shots per game during his NBA career, despite averaging under 20 minutes. But his true legacy might be his selfless efforts off the court -- the link below leads to one of the many charities Bol supported, an organization that educates and provides medical care for at-risk Sudanese youths.
    http://www.allianceforthelostboys.com/donations.html

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: Manute Bol passes away at age 47

A truly selfless man. The NBA could use more people like that.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Thats going to be one expensive casket.

Only autograph I ever collected - Manute Bol's. Standing next to him is one unique experience. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    A truly selfless man. The NBA could use more people like that.
    The world could use more people like him.

RIP.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    The world could use more people like him.

RIP.
    Amen to that. Manute Bol made his small slice of the world a better place and that is all that can be asked of a man.

Too bad. Grew up watching the NBA and Manute was always interesting to watch. One of the first NBA giants.

Rip

For 7 years, up until last August, I worked in the same building that housed the Capital Holiday Inn. I would sometimes wonder off down there to get away from the office and just sit in their lobby and chill for a bit. One day about two or three years ago, I saw this very tall man sitting in the lobby. At first I thought he was standing but could tell he was actually sitting. Someone came in the lobby for him and just he kind of unfolded as got up to greet him. I thought I recognized him but just couldn't put a name to his face at first. As they were walking out the door it donned on me who it was. It was Manute Bol. 7 foot 7 is remarkably tall. You just don't realize it until you actually see someone that tall. I'm sure he was in DC lobbying for some Federal funds for Sudan or other cause he was involved with. By all accounts he was very good human being and will be missed. Especially by his people in Sudan.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

'19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Many think he basically coined the phrase 'my bad'. I like to think he did.

Turn Off Ads?