Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

  1. #1
    Member JaxRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    9,535

    Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...=true&sid=t513

    Duran, Lohman, Billy Hamilton there.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 06-19-2010 at 03:20 PM.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    No Juan Silva? He hit .280/.372/.462 - .834 in the GCL last season. He should be ready for Billings.

    There's some good athletes on that roster. Yorman Rodriguez, Juan Duran, Billy Hamilton...
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,703

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    I hope they've seen some progress in Duran that warrants the move. Because his record doesn't indicate that he'd be ready to handle that level.

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,703

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    It's an interesting roster. They must like Jesus Adames. Tucker Barnhart is listed under the infielders (but as a DH). Theodis Bowe, William Stramp and Starlin Gerson are worth watching. And of course, there's Cline, Tuttle and Corcino.

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Shelburne Falls, MA
    Posts
    10,123

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Interesting choices. Agree with OBM re: Silva. Thought he'd be there ahead of Duran, for sure. Having both Lohman and Hamilton there seems odd, as does the listing of Barnhart as a DH. All in all, a much more interesting Billings squad than we've seen recently.

    I have a feeling that AZL team is going to be very young and very Latin.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

  7. #6
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Loveland, OH
    Posts
    3,046

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    It's an interesting roster. They must like Jesus Adames. Tucker Barnhart is listed under the infielders (but as a DH). Theodis Bowe, William Stramp and Starlin Gerson are worth watching. And of course, there's Cline, Tuttle and Corcino.
    Isn't Barnhart the high school catcher we drafted out of Indiana last year? I didn't know there were quesitons about his defense? I was really hoping he would turn into an interesting catching prospect.

  8. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,558

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Also found the roster interesting. Glad to see Shunick back, had hoped to see Hildenbrandt.

  9. #8
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    I'm looking forward to seeing how Junior Arias does in the AZL this season. Last year in the Dominican Summer League as a 17-year old he showed some power by hitting 11 doubles, 2 triples, and 6 homers in 208 atbats. He may be the most interesting prospect on the AZL team along with Ismael Guillon.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  10. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Posts
    9,866

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing how Junior Arias does in the AZL this season. Last year in the Dominican Summer League as a 17-year old he showed some power by hitting 11 doubles, 2 triples, and 6 homers in 208 atbats. He may be the most interesting prospect on the AZL team along with Ismael Guillon.
    Guillon is playing in the AZL? Is he pitching or playing 1B? Also where will Arias play (2B, SS, or CF?) Any chance Valor plays in Arizona? Agreed that Arias and Guillon will be the most interesting guys in the AZL, at least until Cisco and/or Waldrop sign.

    Also, I wonder who will get the majority of starts at SS between Hamilton and Lohman?
    Go BLUE!!!

  11. #10
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Guillon is a pitcher.

    I assume Arias will stay at SS. Based on everything I've read, he has all the tools necessary to be a good defensive shortstop.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  12. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,703

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Interesting choices. Agree with OBM re: Silva. Thought he'd be there ahead of Duran, for sure.
    I'm wondering if they're ticketing Silva for Dayton. Maybe they just wanted him to get some work in extended spring, then move him along. It doesn't seem to make sense that he'd be passed by Duran. He is, however, on the AZL roster--which, as a whole, has the look of being very fluid.

  13. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,703

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    Guillon is playing in the AZL? Is he pitching or playing 1B? Also where will Arias play (2B, SS, or CF?) Any chance Valor plays in Arizona? Agreed that Arias and Guillon will be the most interesting guys in the AZL, at least until Cisco and/or Waldrop sign.

    Also, I wonder who will get the majority of starts at SS between Hamilton and Lohman?
    FWIW, neither Arias nor Guillon is currently listed on the AZL roster. Hildenbrandt is, however. So is Nathan Driessen, who I'd have thought would go to Billings.

  14. #13
    Member OnBaseMachine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    34,844

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    FWIW, neither Arias nor Guillon is currently listed on the AZL roster. Hildenbrandt is, however. So is Nathan Driessen, who I'd have thought would go to Billings.
    The new AZL roster hasn't been posted yet. The roster they currently have listed for the AZL Reds is from last year.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-19-2010 at 07:38 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

  15. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,703

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The new AZL roster hasn't been posted yet. The roster they currently have listed for the AZL Reds is from last year.
    Oy, you're right. Some of those guys are out of the organization now.

    Seems odd they wouldn't have a 2010 roster up yet in some fashion, seeing as how they start their schedule Monday.

  16. #15
    The Boss dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    35,414

    Re: Seems like Billings roster has been updated

    Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Oy, you're right. Some of those guys are out of the organization now.

    Seems odd they wouldn't have a 2010 roster up yet in some fashion, seeing as how they start their schedule Monday.
    Not really. The lowest level of teams are all organizationally run. They have never been updated with any frequency to speak of. I doubt we get a look at the roster until Monday.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25