Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Is this why the Reds lost out on signing Michael Inoa?

Is this why the Reds lost out on signing Michael Inoa?

"This is why Michael Inoa signed with the A's over the Reds and Rangers. Inoa and his family felt Oakland had a better pitching development program and therefore signed with Oakland."

That's a partial quote from the following URL:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ats-point.html

If true, it ticks me off as a Reds fan because I have been under the impression that the pitching development system has gotten a lot better over the past 5 years.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Is this why the Reds lost out on signing Michael Inoa?

Quote Originally Posted by COM2010 View Post
    "This is why Michael Inoa signed with the A's over the Reds and Rangers. Inoa and his family felt Oakland had a better pitching development program and therefore signed with Oakland."

That's a partial quote from the following URL:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ats-point.html

If true, it ticks me off as a Reds fan because I have been under the impression that the pitching development system has gotten a lot better over the past 5 years.
    That was a few years ago and most people feel it also has to do with the park.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    That was a few years ago and most people feel it also has to do with the park.
    That would be a much more fair reason why. Kind of a chicken [crap] way for the Inoa family to go about picking a team.

Quote Originally Posted by COM2010 View Post
    That would be a much more fair reason why. Kind of a chicken sh** way for the Inoa family to go about picking a team.
    Id say its a smart way to go about picking a team....who wants to pitch in a cracker jack box? Be real here, would you rather pitch here? or Petco? Here? or Seattle? your paid by what your stats say your worth so why not give yourself the best chance to have good stats.

Oakland is famous for their pitchers over the past decade what's wrong with him choosing Oakland over us?
    Follow me on twitter @EricLilly7

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NorrisHopper30 View Post
    Oakland is famous for their pitchers over the past decade what's wrong with him choosing Oakland over us?
    That Part
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

The Reds aren't exactly pros at developing pitchers.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Bearcat View Post
    The Reds aren't exactly pros at developing pitchers.
    I don't know I think that evry pro team in the pros are pros at developing pitchers or they wouldn't have a job.
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

Turn Off Ads?