Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Edwin Encarnacion Sent to AAA Las Vegas

Edwin Encarnacion Sent to AAA Las Vegas

Announced today was the decision to send EE to AAA to work on his overall game. Seems he's thought of very similarly by Jays fans as he was by us Reds fans - not so hot. He is just a cut below the grade and shows signs of promise that never last.

It is said he handled the demotion with class, which was different than the reports after he was traded from Cincinnati that he celebrated about it.

Good luck EE!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb
    Last edited by mdccclxix; 06-21-2010 at 12:32 AM.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Edwin Encarnacion Sent to AAA Las Vegas

So far this year he's hitting:

.200/ .298/ .467/ .765

If I had to guess, he'll rebound and make it back up in TOR, or perhaps get shipped again to a team like the AAAA Pirates where he might catch on.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Really not surprising. Many on this board predicted this.

I do hope he gets his act together and becomes a complete ball player. No matter how frustrating he was to watch, he always seemed like a good kid.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

I really thought he was going to turn into a pretty good player. Not saying he wasn't, because he had some great moments here, but overall, he was frustrating. I was a big fan of his for a long time though.

Sometimes the tools just don't translate into production.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Did he have options left?

Strike another one in favor of the Reds in this deal

Considering the injury he had to his wrists, I'm not surprised. He went on a tear after coming off the DL, but I'm thinking the wrist his still weak. I doubt he's with Toronto after this year. Pittsburgh would be a good fit. Houston, LAA, KC, even San Diego could use an upgrade at 3B offensively. Those same teams need a bat in LF too.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    So far this year he's hitting:

.200/ .298/ .467/ .765

If I had to guess, he'll rebound and make it back up in TOR, or perhaps get shipped again to a team like the AAAA Pirates where he might catch on.
    The OBP is built almost entirely upon walks and the SLG is built almost entirely on 3 games in Arizona. He's been lifeless offensively for most of the season.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Pittsburgh would be a good fit.
    Not with Pedro Alvarez in Pittsburgh.

EdE is probably headed the way of a minor league contract w/ invite to ST somewhere in 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Not with Pedro Alvarez in Pittsburgh.

EdE is probably headed the way of a minor league contract w/ invite to ST somewhere in 2011.
    Maybe not 3B, but LF?

The end is near.

Maybe not 3B, but LF?
    They've got Milledge, McCutchen and Tabata in the OF now, 3 young guys with potential. (This is assuming Garret Jones moves to !B, which appears to have happened.) EdE has never played OF. No fit.

As another piece in this trade bites the dust, I gotta say the initial Rolen trade thread gets more and more entertaining to read.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77751

Who was it that insisted EdE was an 800 OPS bat this year (or very nearly so)?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Who was it that insisted EdE was an 800 OPS bat this year (or very nearly so)?
    Me. I stand by that, but wrist injuries play havoc with your swing. His career says he's capable, and he's entering his prime production years.
    Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve
    They've got Milledge, McCutchen and Tabata in the OF now, 3 young guys with potential. (This is assuming Garret Jones moves to !B, which appears to have happened.) EdE has never played OF. No fit.
    As the Pirates youthful potential in LF... meh. The potential of Milledge sailed long ago. He never could hit. This year: .251 .328 .328 .656. EE's arm will play fine in LF, and his bat certainly will. I'd rather have EE than Milledge in LF.

EE hasn't been moved to LF yet... his next stop is 1st base or DH, his footwork destroys the effectiveness of his arm, his bat is pure RH Willie Greene at this point, his worth has equal value as well.

Turn Off Ads?