Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cincy Chili - Can it Work Elsewhere?

Re: Cincy Chili - Can it Work Elsewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I don't think the jalapenos would work on the Skyline. I love jalapenos, but not on Skyline, it just doesn't sound good.
    But it IS good. We make four ways like that at home all the time. Red chili flakes are also delicious on Cincinnati chili.

As for folks who can't get over the name, my dad is the same way. He will never be able to get past the name. When you consider that "chili" is really just short for "chili con carne" I don't understand the big deal. The name is still quite accurate! I'm not a Cincinnati native but I approached the stuff with an open mind. I've loved it ever since my first bite.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I watched a Guy Fieri show yesterday and he called it weird chili. Explained how it was Cincinnati chili recipe and the whole 2-3-4 way thing.

It was for a show called Guy's Night out.

Pay attention to the open sky

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I wonder how it would taste if one of the "ways" was a layer of jalapenos. I can imagine that people here wouldn't even try it without that being an option.

As much as I would enjoy it, I realize that chili so different from Texas chili would never fly here in Texas, except with midwestern transplants like me.
    true. We've made it here for years and never place in chili cookoffs.

stoopid Texans.
    Suck it up cupcake.

There are a couple chili parlors in Chicago that serve Cincinnati style chili. This one is pretty cool.

http://cinners.net/
    "You're drunk again. No, I'm just exhausted 'cause I've been up all night drinking."
    Peter Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by KYRedsFan View Post
    There are a couple chili parlors in Chicago that serve Cincinnati style chili. This one is pretty cool.

http://cinners.net/
    That looks like a pretty cool place and it's in one of my favorite parts of Chicago, near Lincoln Square (I miss the Chicago Brauhaus). When I lived in Chicago, I used to go to Chili Mac's on N. Broadway.
    Burn down the disco. Hang the blessed DJ. Because the music that he constantly plays, it says nothing to me about my life.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

I agree that it will be tough for it to catch on everywhere, but it will probably catch on in a few more places in time.

Gold Star failed in the southern Denver suburbs in the 1990s. I blame the location. The first one was in a strip mall in a high income suburb (Greenwood Village) and the next one was actually in a mall.
    How, then, are those people of the future—who are taking steroids every day—going to look back on baseball players who used steroids? They're going to look back on them as pioneers. They're going to look back at it and say "So what?" - Bill James, Cooperstown and the 'Roids

Turn Off Ads?