Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jay Bruce leads MLB in no-doubt home runs

Jay Bruce leads MLB in no-doubt home runs

According to Hittracker.com, Jay Bruce has 7 "no-doubt" home runs, which leads the major leagues. I don't know if this really means anything (Jose Bautista and Vernon Wells both have 6), but I thought it was worth posting.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jay Bruce leads MLB in no-doubt home runs

How far does a no-doubt home run have to go?
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

jay bruce leads the ML in non clutch time HRs

Jay bruce has absolutely Failed this season.

Dude looks like a wetawd on the majority of his swings.

Most recently i remember his 1st AB vs cliff lee. 3 Straight fast balls he swung right through and missed them so badly i cant believe he had his eyes open.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    jay bruce leads the ML in non clutch time HRs
    I would say Adam Dunn leads in this category.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

Still dont understand how people can complain and trash Bruce when he is OPSing 800 with gold glove defense at 23......
    "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"

Quote Originally Posted by bubbachunk View Post
    Still dont understand how people can complain and trash Bruce when he is OPSing 800 with gold glove defense at 23......
    OPS doesn't really matter when he has very little RBI's, his batting average is dropping, and his home runs rarely come at an important time. His defense is great though, but that's the only thing that makes him an above average outfielder.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Marty said on radio the other night "Jay just can't hit with men on base". Enough said.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Welcome to whipping boy territory, Jay Bruce. Enjoy the hollow criticisms.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

lol yeah we have no reason to criticize bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Marty said on radio the other night "Jay just can't hit with men on base". Enough said.
    Not too many people know this because he seems a bit of an untouchable from Reds fans. He compares to Dunn because of his inability to hit in the 'clutch" (there's some argument that as well), but at least he plays GG defense. With that said, it's still very fair to criticize his hitting w/ guys no base and RISP. I'd venture to say he's the last guy I want up in a 'pressure' AB out of all of our 8 everyday players.

I think he is Dunn Jr. on offense. Hopefully he'll be able to get up to 40 homeruns someday.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    We all know what Marty says is the gospel truth.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

A guy with that much talent and his lack 'big AB' is very fair. Name for me one signature AB he's had so far? With his talent, you'd think you could easily think of one.

I think he is Dunn Jr. on offense. Hopefully he'll be able to get up to 40 homeruns someday.
    That's not fair. Those 2 guys are VERY different players. Did Dunn ever hit abover .250 here? I was very hard on Dunn in the beginning, but he was simply a guy who was too expensive for a small market team like us. With all of his great attributes, his defense, lack of ability to put the ball in play in crucial situations, and lack of MORE timely hitting made me realize he's not worth it here. I'd rather spend it on pitching.

Unfortunately we're stuck with AH for another year.

EDIT: Yes, he hit above .250 3 times and a .249 year as well.
    Last edited by MrMcConnell; 06-21-2010 at 06:41 PM.

Has Bruce ever hit .260 here? They both strikeout a ton, Bruce isn't great at putting the ball in play either, the only thing he does much better than Dunn at the plate is go the opposite way.

Turn Off Ads?