Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Continuing discussion from here: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73432

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    not really. It's just a poorly designed game. A bad interface, which is troubling for a game that has to revolve entirely around just that. The trading AI is garbage too, and it's just not very deep in features
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

I picked up MLB 2k10 after letting some dust settle on it. After the newest patch, it's a solid title. My Player mode is tons of fun and the MLB today feature has got to be one of the coolest things I've seen in a video game in a long time.
    Witty signature.

Is Front Office Manager really as bad as the scores it got from review sites? Particularly the Windows version?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Is Front Office Manager really as bad as the scores it got from review sites? Particularly the Windows version?

Yes. Horrible

Yes. Horrible
    Darn. Looked like the kind of game I would really like.

What's bad about it?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Darn. Looked like the kind of game I would really like.

What's bad about it?

It's been a while since I even played it so my memory is kind of hazy. If you can find it for about 10 bucks it might be worth a try.

It's been a while since I even played it so my memory is kind of hazy. If you can find it for about 10 bucks it might be worth a try.
    Ha-ha. HA-HA-HA-HA!!! Try THIRTY BUCKS on Gamestop.com.

buy it used from gs and if you don't like it you can return it for a refund within a week

buy it used from gs and if you don't like it you can return it for a refund within a week
    This is true. I may have to do that.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

So I just got a PS3 and need some advice. I love playing Madden but don't know whether to buy Madden 10 used, or wait until Madden 11 comes out in August. Can I just get Madden 10 used and update the rosters? Or are there changes coming to 11 that I should wait for?

Or should I just get both?

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    So I just got a PS3 and need some advice. I love playing Madden but don't know whether to buy Madden 10 used, or wait until Madden 11 comes out in August. Can I just get Madden 10 used and update the rosters? Or are there changes coming to 11 that I should wait for?

Or should I just get both?
    Depends on how much you can get Madden 10 for. With Madden 11 coming out soon I think it would be best to just wait for that one

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

I just spent more on a video capture card than I did on my system

Bought an HD capture box, and HD video editing software, so I can get higher quality footage of myself playing. It seems lame, but this has become one of my favorite hobbies

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    I just spent more on a video capture card than I did on my system

Bought an HD capture box, and HD video editing software, so I can get higher quality footage of myself playing. It seems lame, but this has become one of my favorite hobbies
    What games do you like to showcase? Have a few links of stuff you're most proud of?

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What games do you like to showcase? Have a few links of stuff you're most proud of?
    FPS and Fighting games. I've only really done Modern Warfare 2 so far, but my capture card I have now is standard def and I'm not thrilled with the quality.

YouTube - Awesome Modern Warfare 2 Knife Montage Part 2 here's one of the videos I've done.

I should have my new HD one in a few days and I'll be getting a lot more serious with the gameplay

My advice would be to wait 2 weeks until NCAA 11 drops, get your immediate fix with that, then pick up Madden 11 in August.

Turn Off Ads?