Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Anyone played The Old Republic? Is it worth the cost?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?
    -The Insider-

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post

I really thought that looked interesting, but I don't really play computer games and I have a Mac so I couldn't even think about trying it. I hope it is good though.

I've loved it so far. It don't think it's for everyone, but if you enjoyed the KOTOR games or Bioware games in general (Dragon Age, Mass Effect), you should enjoy TOR.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I've loved it so far. It don't think it's for everyone, but if you enjoyed the KOTOR games or Bioware games in general (Dragon Age, Mass Effect), you should enjoy TOR.
    Loved both KotORs, and I wouldn't mind forking over the $60, but the $15/month makes me hesitant on this one.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

TOR is one of the most fun games I have played in a while. If you can spare $15 a month to play a game, I would highly recommend it.

Loved both KotORs, and I wouldn't mind forking over the $60, but the $15/month makes me hesitant on this one.

I guess that's the rub if you're not an MMO player. The teamwork and social aspects are great. Mike and I have been playing together with a small group of my friends from past games. When things get tough in the game, there's always someone there to help you out. IMHO that's a great aspect of MMO games, but they're not for everyone.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I guess that's the rub if you're not an MMO player. The teamwork and social aspects are great. Mike and I have been playing together with a small group of my friends from past games. When things get tough in the game, there's always someone there to help you out. IMHO that's a great aspect of MMO games, but they're not for everyone.
    The other good thing about this MMO is Thirsty Thursday, haha

I played The Old Republic almost all weekend. Very good game. My video card blows, I had to play on slightly above the lowest settings. I will need to remedy this, as I plan on playing this game a lot. 15$ is a bit steep, but it is worth it if you are a Star Wars fan.
    Let's get weird!

Nerdvana Annihilation

This is sorta "video-game" related but just wanted to share a website of some really cool Reds stuff for Video Game Consoles.

I just ordered a "skin" for my Xbox that features the Reds home uniform pin strip. They have about 6 others as well.

http://www.skinit.com/details.php?resourceId=11199
    &
    http://www.skinit.com/details.php?resourceId=11311

Or skin your ps3,iphone,ipad.. etc.. enjoy!

MADE IN USA!

How much entertainment value do you get out of 15$? Well you could go to one movie, matinee and get a soda, no popcorn. So there is 2 hours of entertainment.

With an MMO I get an entire month of playing with my friends online, which is significantly more time than 2 hours. Just one way of looking at it.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    I played The Old Republic almost all weekend. Very good game. My video card blows, I had to play on slightly above the lowest settings. I will need to remedy this, as I plan on playing this game a lot. 15$ is a bit steep, but it is worth it if you are a Star Wars fan.
    I'm with you there. I'm planning on getting a new video card this month sometime. I need a new one anyway but my framerate drops when I do PVP in the game. As good time as ever to get a new card.

Nerdvana Annihilation

Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    This is sorta "video-game" related but just wanted to share a website of some really cool Reds stuff for Video Game Consoles.

I just ordered a "skin" for my Xbox that features the Reds home uniform pin strip. They have about 6 others as well.

http://www.skinit.com/details.php?resourceId=11199
    &
    http://www.skinit.com/details.php?resourceId=11311

Or skin your ps3,iphone,ipad.. etc.. enjoy!

MADE IN USA!
    Well, since none of you responded to my awesome post. I will now make you all jealous!

It makes my Reds room look even better! (notice my official reds wall paint in the background) ha-ha
    Last edited by code; 01-22-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Nice.
    Go Gators!

Anyone else been playing Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning? I think it is good, the gameplay is solid, God of War almost in the way it plays, but the story is just meh. Also, MLB The Show comes out next month, I will disappear into the abyss that is my couch and play this game until I develop blood clots.
    Let's get weird!

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Anyone else been playing Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning? I think it is good, the gameplay is solid, God of War almost in the way it plays, but the story is just meh. Also, MLB The Show comes out next month, I will disappear into the abyss that is my couch and play this game until I develop blood clots.
    I have been playing Kingdom's of Amalur. For a RPG, the game play is spectacular. As you pointed out, the story leaves a little to be desired. Still, there is a ton of content and just like Skyrim, this game is at least a 70-80+ hour game. Well worth a rent at least.

What I found interesting about it is that Curt Shilling is the owner of the company that created Kingdom's of Amalur. This is Studio 38's first big game. If Amalur is a hint of what is to come from Shilling and Studio 38, they should be a successful video game company for a long time.

Turn Off Ads?