Turn Off Ads?
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1420212223242526 LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

That Steve Bartman shot was cool.

:36 had me scared for a moment. I thought that was a little girl.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I haven't picked up The Show yet. I've been playing FIFA 12 quite a bit lately when I have the time, which is about an hour at the end of the day.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Starting ME3 ...

Got a PlayStation Vita... what an awesome device, and there are some really good games out for it now as well. I think it will end up more successful than PSP.
    I started ME3 as well. From what I saw so far (about an hour in), I like it. It runs smooth on my computer, the mechanics seem really cool, and I'm glad they are bringing back Ashley Williams. I also like some of the stuff they added to combat. The melee system is really cool and the surroundings seem to be more interactive. The Allusive Man storyline is still good as ever in my opinion. It looks like a heavily story driven game and they went back to the formula that made ME1 so great. Thus far, I can't see a whole lot of wrong. I can give a more clear picture hour 10+

EDIT: I would also like to add that the Reaper invasion of Earth was amazing. Unlike the other ME games, the action starts right away and there is really no mystery about what you need to accomplish within the game.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 03-07-2012 at 01:49 PM.

The Show '12 is awesome. The only thing that bugs me about the game is the lack of upgrades in Road to the Show mode. Everything else is great. Worth the 60$.

UFC Undisputed 3 is not worth 60$. Rent it from Gamefly or Blockbuster, but don't waste you entertainment dollars on this game.

Tales of Graces F is out this coming Tuesday. As a fan of the Tales series I am pumped.
    Let's get weird!

Hey guys, I've never played The Show before, I played 2k11 last year and was really happy with it. But I've heard mixed reviews from 2k12 and am wondering which is better. I'm about to buy one of them, probably today..Should I get 2k12 or is The Show better? This is on Xbox 360 if that matters. I have the PS3 if its worth switching but i normally buy xbox. I have no experience with The Show and am pretty comfortable with how 2k11 was setup but am not afraid of change if The Show is better. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ownagedood; 03-10-2012 at 09:31 AM.

The show is a PS3 exclusive title .

Quote Originally Posted by cinredsfan2000 View Post
    The show is a PS3 exclusive title .
    Ya I have the PS3 as well I just don't use it that often. I normally choose to buy the Xbox version of games instead.. So I guess what im asking is if The Show is a game I should side with to buy on my PS3, instead of buying 2k12 on the 360?

From reading reviews it seems The Show is the better game.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ownagedood View Post
    Ya I have the PS3 as well I just don't use it that often. I normally choose to buy the Xbox version of games instead.. So I guess what im asking is if The Show is a game I should side with to buy on my PS3, instead of buying 2k12 on the 360?

From reading reviews it seems The Show is the better game.
    Unless things have changed radically for the 2K series, The Show is a light-years better product.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Unless things have changed radically for the 2K series, The Show is a light-years better product.
    I haven't played The Show this year (dead PS3), but 2K12 is extremely good, at least if you are willing to use a good set of sliders (mkharsh makes the best imo). The graphics are second rate but the game play is flat out fun and so far the typical game-killing bugs 2K is known for are not present. The presentation is also excellent; the commentators are amazing.

I haven't played The Show this year (dead PS3)
    You too? I have the game, but am still waiting on the power supply.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

My wonderful wife just came home and surprised me with MLB 2K12! There seems to several changes, I'll update when I get a chance to play it.
    "You can't sit on a lead and run a few plays into the line and just kill the clock. You've got to throw the ball over the damn plate and give the other man his chance. That's why baseball is the greatest game of them all." -Earl Weaver

I have played ME3 enough to give my full opinion on it. I believe it is the best Mass Effect game I have played. No other Mass Effect story have I connected with the characters more than in the 3rd instalment. The story is very good. For those who want RPG's that are story driven, this is the game for you. I would go so far to say that the story and character development are the best BioWare have brought to us since the original Knights of the Old Republic.

The graphics are pretty good but the scope is huge. There are some scenes in the game where it almost leaves your jaw wide open. For example, there is scene in which a thrasher maw has a fight with a reaper ship. That was an example of how large in scope this game can get.

I have also heard that many people did not like the ending. I haven't reached that point yet in the game so I can't give my opinion of it. That said, regardless of the ending the game is fully worth getting and the ending won't take away my feeling about the game. It's just that good in my opinion.

Has anyone tried Bioshock: Infinite? Gamefly has it for a tempting $28 this weekend. Kind of surprised it would be that low already.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Has anyone tried Bioshock: Infinite? Gamefly has it for a tempting $28 this weekend. Kind of surprised it would be that low already.
    Run to get it. Most immersive game I've played in a while. My wife actually watches me play it.

Quote Originally Posted by brad1176 View Post
    My wonderful wife just came home and surprised me with MLB 2K12! There seems to several changes, I'll update when I get a chance to play it.
    For all the RAVE about MLB The Show. I think it sucks. 2K was a much more fun game. The pitching options on The Show are awful. You are limited to either using the buttons(easy and boring) or the stick. But not like the 2K stick. The 2k stick is tricky and challenging and MORE fun than the Show stick where you just go up and down..boring..the SHOW sucks and i hate that I bought it because all the "gamer geeks" have said it is better

Turn Off Ads?