Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Pacman, in a different thread I listed my top video games. MLB The Show is in my top ten. In my opinion it is far and away the best baseball game out there. The Road to the Show mode sets it apart from most games. What I love about it is that you can create a player and see him progress through the minors to elite status in the majors. You will spend many an hour engrossing yourself in that game.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    Pacman, in a different thread I listed my top video games. MLB The Show is in my top ten. In my opinion it is far and away the best baseball game out there. The Road to the Show mode sets it apart from most games. What I love about it is that you can create a player and see him progress through the minors to elite status in the majors. You will spend many an hour engrossing yourself in that game.
    Thanks I appreciate your info about the game.
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Two things: First, has anyone bought a "refurbished" ps3 from Game Stop? Are these reliable?

Secondly, I've played 2k6, 2k9, and 2k10 on the ps2 for the three years I've had it now, and I love it. From what I've seen of The Show for ps2, I was NOT impressed. HOWEVER, I know both game series are quite different on the ps3. SO, you guys have about 36 hours to convince me to buy The Show 10 as my first ps3 game over 2k10.

As you may have figured out, I've already gotten some (enough) money on Christmas Eve, and plan on buying a long-desired ps3, probably on Sunday.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

^^^ The Show is the best baseball game. Period.

the MLB 2k series is a joke in the current generation of systems.

^^^ The Show is the best baseball game. Period.

the MLB 2k series is a joke in the current generation of systems.
    I keep hearing this, but why? They look pretty similar. 2k10 even incorporated The Show's RTTS mode.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I keep hearing this, but why? They look pretty similar. 2k10 even incorporated The Show's RTTS mode.

2k series is riddled with bugs and whatnot. It really is not very well put together at all.

The Show is just incredibly polished as a game, it's hard to find any flaws in it.

Got my ps3 today. Got 2k10 and The Show 10. Haven't had a chance to get to The Show yet, but in my 1.5 hours with 2k10, it glitched twice. That's pretty bad.

Why did you waste your money on 2K when everyone told you it was garbage? Should've gotten something like Uncharted 2, God of War, Little Big Planet instead.

Okay got the Sony Move hooked up and played Time Crisis with the Move Gun Adapter thing...

pretty awesome. There's actually 3 different Time Crisis games on the disc... the one with Pirates is easily the best/most fun. Also got The Shoot which is a MOVE Shooter ... Somewhat interested to try the games that are "Move Capable"- Sly Cooper collection and Heavy Rain.

I asked for Amazon Gift Certificates from family... almost got enough for the 3D Kit for my 73 " Magnavox... playing in 3D while using the MOVE abilities of PS3 is going to be so fraking cool when they get some games produced with that type of playability in mind...

Imagining some killer House of the Dead-style gun games w/ 3d effect for zombies...............ahhhhh
    Last edited by WMR; 12-26-2010 at 08:45 PM.

Why did you waste your money on 2K when everyone told you it was garbage? Should've gotten something like Uncharted 2, God of War, Little Big Planet instead.
    I actually got The Show for free due to a GameStop 3-for-2 used game sale. So if it makes you feel better you could say I got 2k for free. I got it at all because it had been so good to me for 3 years on ps2, and I loved the menu/roster management set-up (which o/c, they've turned to crap too).

Digging into The Show in the morning, hope it's better.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    I actually got The Show for free due to a GameStop 3-for-2 used game sale. So if it makes you feel better you could say I got 2k for free. I got it at all because it had been so good to me for 3 years on ps2, and I loved the menu/roster management set-up (which o/c, they've turned to crap too).

Digging into The Show in the morning, hope it's better.

Oh it's used? You can return it for a refund/exchange within 7 days.

You got your baseball covered with The Show.

Go back and get yourself a good game, there's a huge number of them available for PS3. Just my opinion, of course.

Oh it's used? You can return it for a refund/exchange within 7 days.

You got your baseball covered with The Show.

Go back and get yourself a good game, there's a huge number of them available for PS3. Just my opinion, of course.
    If I'm satisfied with The Show, I may just do that and get Madden 11. Obviously, going from a ps2, the graphics are amazing, but every game is gonna be that way. Beyond that I really like the right-stick pitching gesture system on 2k, but other than that, I'm not too impressed.

My wife wanted an XBox 360 for Christmas, which I bought her, because she was tired of my PS2 freezing up all the time, and none of her favorite games being available on PS2. Thing is, I don't know the first thing about this XBox, but I'm disappointed that MLB The Show isn't available for this console...
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    My wife wanted an XBox 360 for Christmas, which I bought her, because she was tired of my PS2 freezing up all the time, and none of her favorite games being available on PS2. Thing is, I don't know the first thing about this XBox, but I'm disappointed that MLB The Show isn't available for this console...
    LOL. Unofficially, there are no baseball games for 360. Officially, you can always by MLB 2K. Than again, I'd prefer to light $60 on fire and watch it burn.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Baseball games for the 360 stink on ice. Though, the 360 makes up for this lack with killer RPG and FPS offerings.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?