Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    That might work for us. We don't want "regular" TV, so to speak and not having all the channels offered by cable would be just fine. Instead, we like the idea of having Hulu and Netflix for our viewing.
    And if you don't already have a Blu Ray player, the PS3 can save you some cash by not having to buy two separate units.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Alternatively, and a little off topic from this thread, is anyone just using an old laptop to run internet video to their TV. I have one and am wondering if that would work- just using it to grab the wireless signal from my router and sending the video to the television.
    Oh, and yeah I have used my laptop connected to my TV to watch things on it before. I did it a lot before PS3 came out with an app for mlb.tv. It works really well. I think you'd want to have a laptop that has an HDMI connection though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Anybody excited about GT5? My buddy built this in his basement in anticipation.

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Just got Fallout: New Vegas. A little dreary, but loads of fun.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I just picked up Donkey Kong Country Returns and Metroid Other M. I've played my Wii more the past few months than the rest of the time I've owned it combined--and I bought it at launch. The games coming out for Nintendo right now are amazing. I'm also looking forward to Epic Mickey next week and Super Mario All Stars in early December.

Two more days until GT5.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    ...I'm always doing stuff on my ps3 and having a one-handed controller appeals to me...
    That joke kind of writes itself doesn't it?

Honestly the whole motion gaming phenomenon just doesn't interest me. I might get Kinect if a strong game came along, but not a single one right now gets me all a flutter.

My Wii is basically a digital Monopoly/Catan right now. Sits collecting dust unless friends or family want to bust it out while they are over.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

And about GT5, I'd love to hear if anyone has played Forza and GT5 once it comes out.

Forza 3 is by far the best racing game I've ever played, and adding Nascar & Cart Racing doesn't seem like it would make me think it won't be anything other than a Forza clone at this point.

They've taken so long to build GT5, that Microsoft has released three versions of Forza in the interim. Unless it offers something substantial, I think Sony may take a money bath on it.

Forza is pretty great. Wouldn't mind picking up ForzaIII now that its on sale.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

So I borrowed Red Dead Redemption from a friend and have pretty much been playing it every chance I get the last 10 days or so. It was a game I was interested in when it was released but I didn't want to fork out the $60 for it right away. I never really got into the GTA games Rockstar is known for so I didn't know how I'd like RDR but the time period and sandbox aspect of the game interested me. I have to say that it's as enjoyable an experience I've had playing a game in some time and is right up there with Arkham Asylum as far as favorite games on the 360. Just riding around and working through the hunting and sharpshooting challenges is a blast. There's so much to do and the map itself is impressive. If you haven't played it I'd suggest at least renting it and giving it a shot. Hopefully they'll be a sequel at some point.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Anyone like the Mass Effect series? Mass Effect 2 might be one of the most beautiful games I have played and with the download content added to the game, it is one of the largest.

Dragon Age is also an epic game as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Nothing like playing Super Mario Brother with the guy from Contra.
    Go Gators!

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Got the new Assassin's Creed the other day. Decent enough so far. There are certain elements of the storyline that don't really strike my fancy, but other than that it's pretty solid.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

I just bought MLB 10 the show for ps2 for my birthday and was wondering if I made the right choice by buying that game? LOL I know everybody else plays their ps3 and xboxs but I figured the game is still probably the same.Anyways can anybody tell me if the game is anygood or not.thanks
    I can spell,I just can't type!!

Turn Off Ads?