Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

I hereby officially open my mouth and eat crow. The Show absolutely kills 2k10. My apologies to the world for believing otherwise before I got to try them both on ps3.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

2. Turn Off Ads?

Anyone playing NBA 2K11? Picked it up over the weekend but have only played a couple of games so far.

Anyone know of any good family-friendly non-sports games for ps3, particularly ones that really showcase the graphic capabilities?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Anyone know of any good family-friendly non-sports games for ps3, particularly ones that really showcase the graphic capabilities?

"I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Umm... I'm guessing that was a joke?

Try the Ratchet & Clank series or LittleBigPlanet
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh BRM if only you had it on 360... what an education I would give you in 2K11.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhhhh BRM if only you had it on 360... what an education I would give you in 2K11.
    I'm sure. I can see it's going to take some time to get the hang of the controls. This is the first hoops game I've owned in a few years.

It's amazing once you get it down. Best sports game ever, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    It's amazing once you get it down. Best sports game ever, IMO.
    That's what I've been reading. Which is why I bought it.

My kids played a few more games yesterday and they absolutely love the game. My oldest daughter is hooked on it now.

I'm hooked on RTTS on The Show. I signed up as a 1B, and put my backup as IF, but the Mudcats skip decided I should be their starting 2B. Oh well, would've been my 2nd individual position choice anyway. So much fun. Reminds me of actually playing. My only other caveat is the fact that every minor league series is 5 games. Why?

Okay, new question. How to draw walks? It's my only advancement goal left, I have to draw 1 more BB, but I've only got 2 or 3 more games to do so. I've been taking pitches like crazy, but when they throw strikes, there's not much I can think to do.

Okay, new question. How to draw walks? It's my only advancement goal left, I have to draw 1 more BB, but I've only got 2 or 3 more games to do so. I've been taking pitches like crazy, but when they throw strikes, there's not much I can think to do.

I've had the same problem with The Show for the last three years. They just don't throw enough pitches outside of the zone. In addition, the speed of the pitches is too great for me, so half the time I can't tell if a pitch is a ball or a strike anyway. What I've done to counteract this is to decrease the CPU pitcher's control one or two ticks and slow the pitch speed down as much as is possible (which isn't much). I think I also increased the number of foul balls you hit. This seemed to balance things out a bit, but walking is still unrealistically rare.

Thanks for the tips, pahster. I'll try them later today.

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Anyone playing NBA 2K11? Picked it up over the weekend but have only played a couple of games so far.
    I've got it for ps3. amazing game.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?