Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Dragon Age 2 allegedly unlocks at midnight on Steam. See you all in a month.
    Well that sucked. I want my 50 hours back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Well that sucked. I want my 50 hours back.
    That's sad. I definitely was thinking about picking this one up.
    Let's make some noise!

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar
    Any Gears of War 3 fans out there? I've got an extra code to the beta that goes to the first person to PM me about it.

Portal 2 was my favorite game in years. I wish there were more games with great, relatively short single player campaigns. Many of the games that are supposed to be good single player take 50+ hours and I just don't have the time these days.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Portal 2 was my favorite game in years. I wish there were more games with great, relatively short single player campaigns. Many of the games that are supposed to be good single player take 50+ hours and I just don't have the time these days.
    I kind of like those insanely long single player games. I don't have much time for playing and one of those can take me a couple months or more to finish. That's pretty good bang for my buck.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I kind of like those insanely long single player games. I don't have much time for playing and one of those can take me a couple months or more to finish. That's pretty good bang for my buck.
    I have tried this before, only to return to a game after a few weeks to have no freaking idea what I'm supposed to be doing or where I'm at.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

I feel it's just the opposite -- I feel most games now are short experiences as single player titles with the majority of the content coming in the form of online play.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I feel it's just the opposite -- I feel most games now are short experiences as single player titles with the majority of the content coming in the form of online play.
    I know what you're saying, like the Call of Duty franchise, but I don't think anyone really commends them for their single player campaigns. The games are mostly evaluated for their online play, which is fine, just not for me.

I'm struggling to think of shorter single player games that have great critical reviews. Is the Uncharted series short? I know they are supposed to be good.

Fallout 3 was great for me even though it was longer. I've heard the first Dragon Age is great, but I assumed it would be a slog like most RPGs.

I know I'm in the minority here also, most people want more bang for their buck. Personally though, I'd probably buy a game every month if it were as good and quick as Portal 2. As it is I buy a game every year or two it seems like.

I know I'm in the minority here also, most people want more bang for their buck. Personally though, I'd probably buy a game every month if it were as good and quick as Portal 2. As it is I buy a game every year or two it seems like.
    I miss games I can really dig into -- games that went for 60+ hours of playtime like the greats from the end of the SNES / mid-PSX era (Final Fantasy VI / VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Super Metroid, Xenogears, etc.)

Though, I do get what you're saying about time. It took me about a year to play all the way through Lost Odyssey -- where I used to be able to knock a game like that out in a few weeks back when I didn't have a job, a girlfriend, and a social life.

I actually have a HTPC under my TV, so I've got a bunch of emulators and ROMs and have been playing old SNES games with my 3 year old, so I definitely understand what you're saying. I'm kind of in an outlier situation for someone that enjoys games right now I think.

Duke Nukem Forever went Gold Master today -- ships on 6/10...

...a mere 14 years after it was originally announced.

Has anyone purchased L.A. Noire? Looks pretty neat, but I haven't pulled the trigger just yet.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Since buying a new XBOX I've been on a binge of games I missed after my original 360 got the RROD. I'm currently in love with Mass Effect and Dragon Age Origins. As an RPG fan I can't think of anything better. Assassin's Creed is also really fun. I also love Portal and can't wait to play Portal 2. I can't believe how many great games I missed over the past several years but at least now they are cheap!

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I knew you guys would be talking LA Noire.

I'm still stuck on MLB The Show 11. Frustrating, but addicting.

Cannot wait to play fight night - the newest one
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I miss games I can really dig into -- games that went for 60+ hours of playtime like the greats from the end of the SNES / mid-PSX era (Final Fantasy VI / VII, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Super Metroid, Xenogears, etc.)
    Caveat, I would highly suggest Dragon Age Origins. With all the download content and expansions, that is easily an 80+ hour game. It is one of my favorite games.

I also purchased LA Noire the other day. It is very different from a lot of games I have played but so far so good. Some of the time the gameplay can get bogged down a bit but overall it is a very enjoyable playing experience. However, if you are a fan of the GTA series don't expect it to play like those games. This is completely different from anything Rockstar games has come out with.

Turn Off Ads?