Turn Off Ads?
Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I knew you guys would be talking LA Noire.

I'm still stuck on MLB The Show 11. Frustrating, but addicting.

Cannot wait to play fight night - the newest one

I love MLB The Show 11 too. I haven't had much problem with it though I'm not using the analog stick to hit and pitch. My only complaint about it is that in MLB The Show 10, you were able to get players from the Golden Age of baseball like Ruth and add them to your team. You were also able to mimic old school players batting stances. My character in 10 had a batting stance like Musial. In MLB The Show 11, you don't have those options. I wish they would have brought that back.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I love MLB The Show 11 too. I haven't had much problem with it though I'm not using the analog stick to hit and pitch. My only complaint about it is that in MLB The Show 10, you were able to get players from the Golden Age of baseball like Ruth and add them to your team. You were also able to mimic old school players batting stances. My character in 10 had a batting stance like Musial. In MLB The Show 11, you don't have those options. I wish they would have brought that back.
    The Show is the only reason I'm tempted to buy another PS3. MLB 2K11 is pretty weak (though improved). Oh well, looks like OOTP 12 for my baseball gaming needs.

I second your above recommendation of Dragon Age Origins. The world is so immersive that you really feel as if it is a real place.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Chronro Trigger was released as a download for the Wii Virtual Console. I spent a few leftover Wii Points to get it this weekend and am currently giving it a play-through (first time I've played it since I was in junior high).

It's still, over 15 years since it's initial release, one of the five or so greatest video games ever made.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Chronro Trigger was released as a download for the Wii Virtual Console. I spent a few leftover Wii Points to get it this weekend and am currently giving it a play-through (first time I've played it since I was in junior high).

It's still, over 15 years since it's initial release, one of the five or so greatest video games ever made.
    I'd love to try it but for some reason my Wii will no longer access the Shop Channel. The console freezes up every time I attempt to enter the shop. Some of my older virtual console games have problems, too. Any advice from Nintendo fans on here would be appreciated. This is a launch Wii so it is starting to show its age a bit.

Do you all kind of miss the day of the original Nintendo? Yeah the cartridges were annoying at times because you had to blow on them to work but I kind of grow nostalgic for old school Zelda and Duck Hunt.

nm... figured it out
    Last edited by RedsManRick; 06-03-2011 at 11:43 PM.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

I cannot wait for this game to come out. To bad its next year :/

http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/06/06...ectid=14235016

nm

Someone named Yanksdaniel 99 uploaded all the 1st round picks, including Stephenson to the Player Vault in MLB 11 the Show. Overall a good job, except for the 1 year contract and B potential.I can post his ratings in this thread alter if anyone's interested, including facial edits. I may also upload a A potential version.

Smells Like Teen Spirit jmcclain19's Avatar

Used a $100 coupon and picked up a PS3 finally.

For my 2 cents, The Show is pretty overrated - and the MLB 2k series is a pretty close competitor. There were close enough that I just passed - having already bought MLB 2K for my Xbox in March.

Heavy Rain is fantastic, Uncharted 2 is amazing, and Little Big Planet is excellent fun, if a bit frustrating at times.

Okay, on The Show, I offered the Mets: Cozart, Mesoraco, and Alonso for Reyes, Thole, and some fake AAA 1B. Now the reason I would give up so much is because my franchise will only last one season anyway; I keep up with the real Reds, so next season will be on next year's game. My point in posting this is that the interest level the game showed for the Mets was around 80%, but after they "considered my offer and got back to me within a few days," they turned me down. Why?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Recently traded in my ps3 slim for xbox 360 250GB. Im glad I did. I loved my ps3 but all my friends own a 360. So the gameplay experience playing with them is much better.

I primarily play call of duty and playing mw2 till mw3 comes out. anyone wanna add me feel free shoot me a PM on here.

Heavy Rain is fantastic, Uncharted 2 is amazing, and Little Big Planet is excellent fun, if a bit frustrating at times.
    Heavy Rain was one of the more innovative games I have played in recent years. Excellent story and just completely different from everything.

Just finished Okami. Game was a piece of art. Shame that it didn't sell well despite its critical accolades.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post

It's in my top five easy.

Turn Off Ads?