Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Anyone looking forward to Star Wars the Old Republic?
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I feel like you have to be a certain type of person (and I don't mean that in a negative way) to enjoy MMORPGs -- as much as I love BioWare's Star Wars games, I don't have any desire to pay a monthly fee or spend the hours required to enjoy that type of game.

Honestly, I wish they'd just made Knights of the Old Republic III instead.
    Championships Matter.
    23 Years and Counting...

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I feel like you have to be a certain type of person (and I don't mean that in a negative way) to enjoy MMORPGs -- as much as I love BioWare's Star Wars games, I don't have any desire to pay a monthly fee or spend the hours required to enjoy that type of game.

Honestly, I wish they'd just made Knights of the Old Republic III instead.
    You may want to look into some of the info that's out on the game. It's very unlike most MMO's. It's very true to Bioware's other games. For what it's worth, I'm not a huge MMO person either.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I'm cautiously looking forward to it. On the one hand, I find MMO's tiresome. On the other hand, it sounds as if Bioware is trying to turn The Old Republic into a massively single (or two) player game. If they pull that off, it might be worth it. On the third hand, Bioware has destroyed a good deal of the good will I've long held for them in the last year or so. Mass Effect 2, while improving over ME1's game play (for the most part), took a huge step back; its narrative was very weak. Narrative driven games that have more interesting side plots than main plots are in trouble, especially when the imbalance is because of a poorly thought out and/or executed main plot (I'm looking at you, every game Bethesda has ever made). The larger concern for me is the absolute train wreck of a game that was Dragon Age 2, perhaps the most disappointing game I've ever played. Poor design, terrible narrative in which very little happens and the events of much of the game are essentially unconnected to one another, an obviously rushed product... I can't think of anything nice to say about DA2 other than that the graphics were better than they were in DA1. Bioware got beat up pretty badly by people's reactions to the game. I can only assume that this is why they gave everyone who bought DA2 a free copy of ME2 for the PC.

So I'm kind of looking forward to The Old Republic, but I frankly just don't trust Bioware anymore. They're going to have to earn back my trust.

To anyone who played the Assassin's Creed games, does anyone think that Ezio looks exactly like Joey Votto? haha

Definitely. I have a problem with the grind of MMO's, as some have said, but I'm willing to give this a try. Knights of the Old Republic is probably in my top 5 of games and I really love the storyline from that era of Star Trek. From what I have seen of TOR, it looks amazing from the graphics to the voice work. I heard that it is going to be coming out in the next month or two. In fact, you can already pre-order the game.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Battle Toad Historian thatcoolguy_22's Avatar

"Last week I helped my friend stay put. It's a lot easier'n helpin' 'em move. I just went over to his house and made sure that he did not start to load **** into a truck."

That looks so beautiful.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

I never got into the Elderscrolls games for some reason.

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Can't wait until ME3 comes out:

‪Mass Effect 3 at E3‬‏ - YouTube

Mike Shannon

I have Skyrim on preorder. I'm also not usually a pre-order type but the cloth map Gamestop is giving out will be most helpful. If you've ever played Elder Scrolls you'll know what I mean!

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I have Skyrim on preorder. I'm also not usually a pre-order type but the cloth map Gamestop is giving out will be most helpful. If you've ever played Elder Scrolls you'll know what I mean!
    It does look interesting. Do you think that if you never played the Elder Scrolls games before, that you would get lost playing it?

Mike Shannon

Just came across this on Reddit. Pure gold.
    Hide your power alleys; Hide your wife

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    It does look interesting. Do you think that if you never played the Elder Scrolls games before, that you would get lost playing it?
    I think you'd be fine. I played Oblivion without having played the previous three Elder Scrolls titles and did just fine.

BTW, I'm also looking forward to ME3. I'm still playing the first Mass Effect (late to the party, I know) and doing pretty much every side mission there is. I absolutely love that game.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I think you'd be fine. I played Oblivion without having played the previous three Elder Scrolls titles and did just fine.

BTW, I'm also looking forward to ME3. I'm still playing the first Mass Effect (late to the party, I know) and doing pretty much every side mission there is. I absolutely love that game.
    I actually went back recently and created another character on the original Mass Effect. Some people didn't like ME2 as much as the first one but with all the downloadable content for ME2, in many ways, ME2 is better than the first game. I think the story was stronger in the first game but the mechanics in the second game are superior in my opinion. If you are going to get ME2, I would advise you though to get all of the downloadable material because it adds tons of content to the game that make the game more enjoyable (The Shadowbroker content is actually quasi epic and by far the best downloadable content I have seen in any game).

By the way, on The Elder Scrolls games, how long does it take you to play start to finish? I heard they are rather time consuming.

Mike Shannon

Turn Off Ads?