Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by LvJ View Post
    Just came across this on Reddit. Pure gold.
    Wow. I'd hate to see their electric bill.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

I just picked up the new Uncharted. Anyone else have this yet? Impressive so far.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I just picked up the new Uncharted. Anyone else have this yet? Impressive so far.
    The worst thing about the demise of my PS3 is that I am missing out on Uncharted 3. In general I prefer XBOX but I absolutely love Uncharted. Hope you enjoy it!

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    I'm going to be picking that up this weekend. I have also been playing BF3. The campaign is meh but that is to be expected. The real treasure is the multi player. The graphics are brilliant and the game mechanics are an upgrade from Bad Company 2. I know that Modern Warfare 3 will out sell BF3, but BF3 looks to be the better of the two games.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I actually went back recently and created another character on the original Mass Effect. Some people didn't like ME2 as much as the first one but with all the downloadable content for ME2, in many ways, ME2 is better than the first game. I think the story was stronger in the first game but the mechanics in the second game are superior in my opinion. If you are going to get ME2, I would advise you though to get all of the downloadable material because it adds tons of content to the game that make the game more enjoyable (The Shadowbroker content is actually quasi epic and by far the best downloadable content I have seen in any game).

By the way, on The Elder Scrolls games, how long does it take you to play start to finish? I heard they are rather time consuming.
    Im' playing through ME2 right now. WIth just a PS2, I can't get ME1, though I'd love to play it. Uncharted will be up next. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time for multiple playthroughs.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Picking up Skyrim tomorrow. Now, where to find the time to play it.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    Picking up Skyrim tomorrow. Now, where to find the time to play it.
    I'm glad I got paid today. I'm in the process of downloading it right now. I have a feeling my free time this winter is going to be booked up fighting dragons and other random things in this game.

Im' playing through ME2 right now. WIth just a PS2, I can't get ME1, though I'd love to play it. Uncharted will be up next. Unfortunately, I just don't have the time for multiple playthroughs.
    That's the advantage of being single I guess, lol. For me, its work, school, free time.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 11-11-2011 at 03:03 AM.

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I'm glad I got paid today. I'm in the process of downloading it right now. I have a feeling my free time this winter is going to be booked up fighting dragons and other random things in this game.

That's the advantage of being single I guess, lol. For me, its work, school, free time.
    Yeah, that was me in college with Diablo II.

I tried Elder Scrolls for awhile, but the combat system felt flat and the world was just too open for my taste. By the time I'm done with ME II and Uncharted III, it will be time for Diablo III!
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    Yeah, that was me in college with Diablo II.

I tried Elder Scrolls for awhile, but the combat system felt flat and the world was just too open for my taste. By the time I'm done with ME II and Uncharted III, it will be time for Diablo III!
    I'm about 3 hours into Skyrim and I have to say, this is slam dunk the game of the year. Even on low computer graphics settings, the graphics are beautiful. The world in Skyrim is massive but it isn't without purpose. It is very open ended but you get the feeling of accomplishment as you explore instead of just exploring, getting lost, and having nowhere to go. What makes exploring easier is that once you unlock a city, you can transport there. I don't know if it was like that in other Elder Scroll games but this certainly makes things much faster. The fighting system isn't without its flaws as sometimes you feel as if you are swinging at air but this isn't enough to take away from the gaming experience. Even with the flaws, the fighting system is a fun experience.

The leveling and crafting is as good as I have seen in any single player game. Just like exploring, crafting feels like you have accomplished something. Instead of pouring useless points into leveling up crafting like in a lot of games, the more you craft in Skyrim, the higher the level you become at that certain crafting type (forging, etc). Leveling is pretty much the same way. There are two types of leveling. The first is general leveling from gaining XP. These points you pour into a massive tree of skills. The second is leveling on individual weapon types. If you use a two handed sword, for example, you become more experienced at two handed fighting the more you use a two handed weapon. If you decide to use magic, you become more experienced in magic. Gone is the old idea of deciding what type of player you want to be (warrior, ranger, mage, etc). You can do a mix of each or lean heavily on one fighter type. This aspect alone makes it unique from a lot of games out there. I could go on and on but it is something everyone should check out for yourself. I don't think a lot of people will be disappointed by this game.
    Last edited by MikeThierry; 11-11-2011 at 11:06 PM.

Mike Shannon

Anybody know how to get a Ps3 to pick up the Bluetooth device? I picked up a ps3 Bluetooth set and FIFA 10 for $5.00 cant figure out how to get my ps3 to pick up the blue-tooth set ? I set it up to scan for it but it doesn't seem to "see " it . the B.T. set is charged .

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

After doing some research.... As someone who hasn't played either, is there any really good reason I should buy Skyrim at the new price, as compared to Oblivion for $10?

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    After doing some research.... As someone who hasn't played either, is there any really good reason I should buy Skyrim at the new price, as compared to Oblivion for $10?

Oblivion is a great, great game. If you've never played it I would recommend picking it up now and grabbing Skyrim when the price drops or it is available used. Skyrim is superior in every way but you can't beat Oblivion for $10!

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Oblivion is a great, great game. If you've never played it I would recommend picking it up now and grabbing Skyrim when the price drops or it is available used. Skyrim is superior in every way but you can't beat Oblivion for $10!
    Reds, I'm assuming that you played Skyrim. What is your opinion on it?

Mike Shannon

Reds, I'm assuming that you played Skyrim. What is your opinion on it?
    Amazing. I'm sure there will be bugs as in any Bethesda game, but it is GOTY material.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Amazing. I'm sure there will be bugs as in any Bethesda game, but it is GOTY material.
    I totally agree. In my opinion, it is one of the most open games I have ever played, even compared to MMO's.

Mike Shannon

Turn Off Ads?