Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 371

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

  1. #271
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    I totally agree. In my opinion, it is one of the most open games I have ever played, even compared to MMO's.
    The gameplay flow is just so right. You feel like you are having actual conversations with NPCs rather than going through a series of dialogue boxes. I also love the elements they have borrowed from Fallout (like the new lockpicking method and kill cam).

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #272
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    The gameplay flow is just so right. You feel like you are having actual conversations with NPCs rather than going through a series of dialogue boxes. I also love the elements they have borrowed from Fallout (like the new lockpicking method and kill cam).
    After an entire weekend of frustration trying to get the game to run properly on my laptop, I finally fixed the fps issues on Skyrim. I have more than enough firepower to run the game, but it has issues on the PC version from what I've read. Didn't get to play much, but I figure I'll spend some time on it this week. Glad to hear good things about the gameplay.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  4. #273
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    After an entire weekend of frustration trying to get the game to run properly on my laptop, I finally fixed the fps issues on Skyrim. I have more than enough firepower to run the game, but it has issues on the PC version from what I've read. Didn't get to play much, but I figure I'll spend some time on it this week. Glad to hear good things about the gameplay.
    I'm paying on 360 and have been pleasantly surprised by the FPS. I didn't install the game and it is still running marvelously. I hope they solve the PC issues.

  5. #274
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    I got Skyrim for my laptop over the weekend. I just have a ATI 6630 and 4gb of ram with an i5. Performance is surprisingly good on medium/high details. I can't run it on Ultra though. I've never played any of the previous Elder Scrolls games, but after hearing the reviews Skyrim was getting I had to buy it.

    So far I like it, I'm not too far in. I just joined the Imperial army or whatever. The landscaping and character skins are really awesome, as is the freedom it gives the player to choose their own path. Really having a lot of fun with it so far. My only gripe is that the UI seems really weird. Maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet, but going from items to gameplay to spells to whatever seems kinda screwed up. Almost like it would be better played on a console. I didn't get a lot of time to spend on it over the weekend so maybe I just haven't really figured it all out. Oh and I did get random crashes here or there.

  6. #275
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I got Skyrim for my laptop over the weekend. I just have a ATI 6630 and 4gb of ram with an i5. Performance is surprisingly good on medium/high details. I can't run it on Ultra though. I've never played any of the previous Elder Scrolls games, but after hearing the reviews Skyrim was getting I had to buy it.

    So far I like it, I'm not too far in. I just joined the Imperial army or whatever. The landscaping and character skins are really awesome, as is the freedom it gives the player to choose their own path. Really having a lot of fun with it so far. My only gripe is that the UI seems really weird. Maybe I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet, but going from items to gameplay to spells to whatever seems kinda screwed up. Almost like it would be better played on a console. I didn't get a lot of time to spend on it over the weekend so maybe I just haven't really figured it all out. Oh and I did get random crashes here or there.
    I also have an i5 with 6gb of ram with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M and the only way I can run the game without tremendous fps issues is to disable anti-aliasing and run it on low settings. Kind of ticks me off, but oh well.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  7. #276
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    I also have an i5 with 6gb of ram with an NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M and the only way I can run the game without tremendous fps issues is to disable anti-aliasing and run it on low settings. Kind of ticks me off, but oh well.
    Since I have an ATI card I'm not positive on this, but I think there was a download or driver released over this weekend to help some Nvidia users experiencing performance issues on Skyrim.

  8. #277
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Since I have an ATI card I'm not positive on this, but I think there was a download or driver released over this weekend to help some Nvidia users experiencing performance issues on Skyrim.
    I just updated my drivers over the weekend, but I'll check again. Thanks for the heads up.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  9. #278
    Member MikeThierry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    St. Louis, Mo
    Posts
    3,703

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    This game almost makes me want to go out and buy a new video card. Still, even on lower settings, the graphics are really good. I have kept it on low settings just to be safe. I might try to see how much I can get from my machine later on down the road.

    I'm 10 hours into this game but I still haven't scratched the surface.

    One question about joining different alliances. If you join one alliance such as the Champions or what ever they are called, can you join another one?
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

    “I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

    Mike Shannon

  10. #279
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,836

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    This game almost makes me want to go out and buy a new video card.
    It's pretty CPU intensive too. Not sure what kinda setup you have, but both a CPU and GPU can bottleneck performance.

    Not sure about your game question though. I'm still trying to figure out how to do the side jobs or profession stuff. Heck I don't even know what I should be putting points in when I level up haha.

  11. #280
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    One question about joining different alliances. If you join one alliance such as the Champions or what ever they are called, can you join another one?
    Assuming they'll take you there is no prohibition on joining multiple factions. Membership has consequences, though. I won't spoil it for you but suffice it to say one decision you can make will completely alter the way some groups view you.

  12. #281
    On the brink wolfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    is everything
    Posts
    2,687

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Got my issues fixed. Apparently my laptop has two video cards and wasn't switching over to the higher powered nvidia card when the game started up. I made the manual fix and it looks/runs fabulously. Now to find the time to play....
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

  13. #282
    Member Razor Shines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    6,329

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    How does everyone like MW3? I'm mainly concerned with the online play. I was big time into MW2 and Black Ops but haven't picked up the new one yet. I've increased the amount of basketball that I'm playing and can't justify still playing video games but I'll have some time off around the holidays and am probably gonna pick it up.

  14. #283
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    How does everyone like MW3? I'm mainly concerned with the online play. I was big time into MW2 and Black Ops but haven't picked up the new one yet. I've increased the amount of basketball that I'm playing and can't justify still playing video games but I'll have some time off around the holidays and am probably gonna pick it up.
    The maps this go around are really geared toward the fast run and gun type player. Not a lot of long sight lines for sniping or those places slower players like me (shameless campers) can hunker down and pick people off.

    A nice change is that you have point streaks instead of just kill streaks now, and shooting down aircraft counts toward a point streak.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  15. #284
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    east of WOY
    Posts
    5,045

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Oops, double post.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

    Cincinnati's premiere expedited trucking company

  16. #285
    BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Springfield, Ohio
    Posts
    9,054

    Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Assuming they'll take you there is no prohibition on joining multiple factions. Membership has consequences, though. I won't spoil it for you but suffice it to say one decision you can make will completely alter the way some groups view you.
    I have an idea of what that one might be. My gut kept me from taking the plunge initially as I thought this might be a possibility, that others would sense it or know it and hold it against you. I didn't want things to get hairy with the rest of the factions. So far so good.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

    --Woody Hayes


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25