Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    What games do you like to showcase? Have a few links of stuff you're most proud of?
    FPS and Fighting games. I've only really done Modern Warfare 2 so far, but my capture card I have now is standard def and I'm not thrilled with the quality.

YouTube - Awesome Modern Warfare 2 Knife Montage Part 2 here's one of the videos I've done.

I should have my new HD one in a few days and I'll be getting a lot more serious with the gameplay

2. Turn Off Ads?

pretty badass. make sure to post some of ur hd vids

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    My advice would be to wait 2 weeks until NCAA 11 drops, get your immediate fix with that, then pick up Madden 11 in August.
    Not a bad idea.

I ended up just buying a used copy of Force Unleashed at the recommendation of a buddy. I usually stick to sports games and Guitar Hero/Rock Band, but this game seems good so far. I get a little annoyed at having to control the camera, but I think I will stick with it.

I also reserved my copy of Madden 11. If Force Unleashed doesn't keep my attention until then, I may get NCAA 11.

It finally happened: my PS3 got the dreaded YLOD. I was watching a Blu-Ray when out of nowhere, poof. A sad day. I'm down to just the reliable old Wii after both my PS3 and 360 bit it. The Wii was bought before either one and has outlived them both. Sad, really: I ventilate my systems well, I keep them clean, I don't move them around and I play for limited periods of time. And they still die. C'est la vie.

Curse you and your fantastic sales, Steam! Left for Dead 2 for $10? *reaches for his wallet*
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Senor Votto

I went to Gamestop and deserved one of the new Xbox 360s. Should be in next week so I'm excited.

Did you see the stunt that EA is pulling with their new games, about online play?!

Trying to squeeze every dollar outta us!!!
    Let's make some noise!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sean_CaseyRules View Post
    Did you see the stunt that EA is pulling with their new games, about online play?!

Trying to squeeze every dollar outta us!!!
    It's not a "stunt" so much as it is the gaming industry finally fighting back against the money they're losing in the secondary (rental / used sales) market. Whenever you buy a used game from GameStop or elsewhere, EA and other publishers don't see a dime of it. They're attempting to mine some profitability out of that system. It's also a tacit acknowledgment by EA that they're losing a non-unsubstantial amount of money due to console game piracy. Despite Microsoft's best efforts, I know there are still a fair number of modded 360s on XBL and new games are still readily available on torrent channels the moment they're released.

To be honest, I'm kinda surprised that it's taken this long for them to do it. I think the "Free DLC w/ Purchase" titles (which GameStop was recently sued over -- for selling used copies of Dragon Age which bore advertisements on the package for free DLC that had already been used by the original owner) were the first salvo in this fight, and I expect most games will now feature things you can only get by buying the game new or by having a real copy of the game.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

What is EA doing?
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    What is EA doing?

The first owner of an EA Sports title gets to play online for free. Everyone else has to pay $10 to add-on online play. It is to help replace lost revenue due to rentals, piracy and used game sales. I may be in the minority, but I don't mind. Buying games new helps support those who create them while buying used does not. I know it is easy to view EA as an evil monstrosity (and in many ways they are) but it is also easy to forget the game designers, artists and programmers who depend on sales royalties for their living.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I know it is easy to view EA as an evil monstrosity (and in many ways they are) but it is also easy to forget the game designers, artists and programmers who depend on sales royalties for their living.
    But those programmers have already gotten paid when the game first sold, to me this is no different then if I bought a car for $15k, sold it a year later for 8K and then the car maker made the new buyer pay before the engine would start.

I really don't buy the piracy argument, piracy is basically nonexistent on the PS3 and Wii and modding an Xbox is not as simple as running a pirated PC game where all you need is a cracked EXE.

Of course I never play online as most (nobody here I'm sure ) online gamers seem to be jackasses so this won't effect me at all.
    Go Gators!

I don't know many people who buy games used that they would have otherwise bought new. This is especially true with sports titles.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    I really don't buy the piracy argument, piracy is basically nonexistent on the PS3 and Wii and modding an Xbox is not as simple as running a pirated PC game where all you need is a cracked EXE.
    You can rent/barrow games for the Wii and place them on a USB hard drive and then have them forever if you know what you are doing. It is VERY easy to pirate games on the Wii system.

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Ok, I get home for a couple days and my wife is out of town visiting family in Virginia. I figure I have a bit of time to blow so I bring my PS3 in from the van to hook up in the house and the tv isn't recognizing the PS3 hooked up to the HDMI input when I plug it in. It's recognizing the DirecTV box through the same input, but when I hook the PS3 up there it's acting like there isn't even anything there. The tv I use in the van recognizes it fine.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    You can rent/barrow games for the Wii and place them on a USB hard drive and then have them forever if you know what you are doing. It is VERY easy to pirate games on the Wii system.
    Hmm, good to know My mistake.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?