Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by wolfboy View Post
    Is anyone interested in Diablo 3? As far as I know, they haven't announced a launch date yet, but I believe they're targeting Q2. I'm on the fence on this one...
    I've never really been a fan of the Diablo series for some reason. It has always seemed cheesy to me and I don't like the game mechanics.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just got back from Gamestop. Reserved The Show, and Tales of Graces. Can't wait-Bart Scott voice
    Let's get weird!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Is anyone interested in Diablo 3? As far as I know, they haven't announced a launch date yet, but I believe they're targeting Q2. I'm on the fence on this one...
    The franchise was a weird waypoint in RPG gaming that functioned in the empty space between the jRPGs, which dominated console RPG-gaming in the 90s, and early computer MMORPGS like Ultima Online and Everquest.

With the rise of the Western RPG (like Skyrim, Mass Effect and Dragon Age) and the proliferation of MMORPGS, I don't know that there's really a hardcore audience for Diablo any longer.
    Last edited by Caveat Emperor; 02-29-2012 at 06:17 PM.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

There's a HUGE, hardcore audience for Diablo III.

That game will be a HUGE hit, guaranteed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

This.

Blizzard Entertainment owns the computer gaming world.
    Choo got it, dude.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Seconded.

CE, I'll have to respectfully say you're way off on this one.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Seconded.

CE, I'll have to respectfully say you're way off on this one.
    I don't follow computer games as closely as I do console -- I just don't sense a lot of buzz for Diablo on the gaming sites I do read. Certainly not to the level there was for The Old Republic or Skyrim as they were in development.

It's Blizzard, so there's a certain amount of guaranteed popularity -- but I remember people losing their minds over Diablo II back in the day.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Stat Wanker Hodiernus RedsManRick's Avatar

I'm a big Diablo 3 fan -- really looking forward to it. But I don't think people should expect anything hugely different. It's basically just bigger and badder.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I don't follow computer games as closely as I do console -- I just don't sense a lot of buzz for Diablo on the gaming sites I do read. Certainly not to the level there was for The Old Republic or Skyrim as they were in development.

It's Blizzard, so there's a certain amount of guaranteed popularity -- but I remember people losing their minds over Diablo II back in the day.
    Blizzard hasn't done themselves any favors in waiting 10+ years to release the third installment. That being said, I think the buzz will be huge once they finally announce a launch date.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I'm a big Diablo 3 fan -- really looking forward to it. But I don't think people should expect anything hugely different. It's basically just bigger and badder.
    That's my hope. I do have concerns about how true they will stay to the original franchise. The real money auction house concerns me as well.

Show time!
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Picking up The Show 12 tomorrow after work. I am pumped.
    Let's get weird!

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    With the lack of a PS3 I am stuck with 2k12 for my baseball gaming. The early reports are that it is not the most attractive game around, but it is smooth and immersive. We'll see, but since this is probably the last year for exclusivity, hello MVP 2013!
    Witty signature.

Starting ME3 ...

Got a PlayStation Vita... what an awesome device, and there are some really good games out for it now as well. I think it will end up more successful than PSP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I'm no Cubs fan, but this commercial for The Show is awesome.

"Cubs Win" MLB 12 The Show Full Length Commercial - YouTube

Someone involved in making that lived on the North Side of Chicago, because that is EXACTLY what it will like if that horrible event were to ever take place.

Turn Off Ads?