Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Re: The Unofficial Video Game & System Thread (Part III)

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    Any major differences between FIFA 10 and 11? I'm still playing 10 and I still enjoy it.
    Huge. Biggest change in a FIFA game in several years. No more 'ping pong passing.' Better ball physics, animation... it's all just much, much more realistic. Be prepared to not like it as much when you first start playing because it is a much more difficult game to play well than FIFA 10.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Huge. Biggest change in a FIFA game in several years. No more 'ping pong passing.' Better ball physics, animation... it's all just much, much more realistic. Be prepared to not like it as much when you first start playing because it is a much more difficult game to play well than FIFA 10.
    So more realistic scores on longer game times?
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

Just got a 360. I really only play sports games. How is the career mode in NBA 2k11? I only play single player modes.

Thanks in advance.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

That's saying quite a bit because FIFA 10 was the largest leap forward in the series since FIFA 97.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Just played the demo. It definitely seems to be an upgrade.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Just got a 360. I really only play sports games. How is the career mode in NBA 2k11? I only play single player modes.

Thanks in advance.
    I sent a text to my friend who has it, and this was his response:

Career mode stinks. Franchise mode = amazing.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    I sent a text to my friend who has it, and this was his response:

Career mode stinks. Franchise mode = amazing.
    Awesome. Thanks for the input!
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

COD: Black Ops comes out this Tuesday. Really not sure what to make of this game, considering Infinity Ward isn't handling the development.

YouTube - Call of Duty: Black Ops Commercial - There's a Soldier in All of Us

Kobe & Kimmel FTW.

Golden Eye for Wii is definitely worth your time. It reminds me of how addictive the original was. I am going to spend hours of my life on this game.

Has anyone tried out the XBox Kinect yet? My parents are talking about buying a Wii to give to our boys for Christmas, so I was wondering how the Kinect compared to the Wii. I was thinking about telling them to get the boys a Kinect for our Xbox 360 instead, but I want to see how well the Kinect works first. I'd say my concern is that we own an older Xbox 360 and I worry that the Kinect might be designed to work better with newer systems, requiring us to upgrade our 360 to a newer model in order to get the Kinect to work properly.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

COD: Black Ops comes out this Tuesday. Really not sure what to make of this game, considering Infinity Ward isn't handling the development.

Kobe & Kimmel FTW.
    I will be picking it up at Wal-Mart tonight at midnight. It's developed by Treyarch, who also developed Call of Duty World at War, so if you liked that game you should like this one too.

Ok, so my two choices are Fallout New Vegas or Call of Duty Black Ops......which one is better. Give me some details peeps

Quote Originally Posted by kearns and dunn View Post
    Ok, so my two choices are Fallout New Vegas or Call of Duty Black Ops......which one is better. Give me some details peeps
    COD games are all about the online. The single-player campaigns are never more than 5-7 hours of gameplay, and there's little replay value to the offline components. If you're up for lots of team deathmatch action, go with Black Ops. If you're looking for more single-player or if you can't stand dealing with the helium-voiced preteens on Live, go with Fallout.

I picked up Black Ops tonight. Dove right into the multiplayer as soon as I got in. Here are my initial thoughts:

1. On the first couple runs, I really don't like the maps as much as I did on MW2. I thought MW2 was a step-up from MW1 -- this feels like a step backwards. They seem a lot more needlessly complex, and they feel completely inorganic.

2. The COD-points are fun. They eliminate the need to "grind" certain weapons in order to get them to your play-style (no more ACOG'd sniper rifles just to get a thermal scope). However, everything is bought with COD points, including custom cards and titles. I think I'll miss the randomness of unlocking a new title or icon from MW2.

3. Air-support killstreaks look to have been completely crippled. The early-call choppers don't seem nearly as effective as they were in MW2 -- consequently, I'm not seeing a lot of effort to shoot them down.

4. On the subject of killstreaks -- seems pretty similar to MW2. Remove Nukes (thank god) and EMP, add dog attacks.

5. Overall, not a lot of evolution from MW2. I guess you can say, on one hand, that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." On the other hand, I'd like to see some new ideas brought into play. I'll see how things progress as you unlock more stuff.

COD games are all about the online. The single-player campaigns are never more than 5-7 hours of gameplay, and there's little replay value to the offline components. If you're up for lots of team deathmatch action, go with Black Ops. If you're looking for more single-player or if you can't stand dealing with the helium-voiced preteens on Live, go with Fallout.

I picked up Black Ops tonight. Dove right into the multiplayer as soon as I got in. Here are my initial thoughts:

1. On the first couple runs, I really don't like the maps as much as I did on MW2. I thought MW2 was a step-up from MW1 -- this feels like a step backwards. They seem a lot more needlessly complex, and they feel completely inorganic.

2. The COD-points are fun. They eliminate the need to "grind" certain weapons in order to get them to your play-style (no more ACOG'd sniper rifles just to get a thermal scope). However, everything is bought with COD points, including custom cards and titles. I think I'll miss the randomness of unlocking a new title or icon from MW2.

3. Air-support killstreaks look to have been completely crippled. The early-call choppers don't seem nearly as effective as they were in MW2 -- consequently, I'm not seeing a lot of effort to shoot them down.

4. On the subject of killstreaks -- seems pretty similar to MW2. Remove Nukes (thank god) and EMP, add dog attacks.

5. Overall, not a lot of evolution from MW2. I guess you can say, on one hand, that "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." On the other hand, I'd like to see some new ideas brought into play. I'll see how things progress as you unlock more stuff.
    Neat Review. Thanks.

One point of contention: what was wrong with the nuke? It seemed like a fun addition to MW2...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Neat Review. Thanks.

One point of contention: what was wrong with the nuke? It seemed like a fun addition to MW2...
    It made playing FFA matches somewhat annoying when you'd get people nuke boosting the entire time.

BTW -- on the subject of nukes. The map "Nuketown" on Black Ops is completely broken. It's too small and waaaayyy too easy to spawn camp.

Turn Off Ads?