Turn Off Ads?

Thread: AZL Reds roster

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

AZL Reds roster

The AZL Reds roster is finally up - there are 33 players listed so a few of these players probably aren't really on the team or are on the DL.

Pitchers:

Jose Amezcua, RHP
    Po Cheng-Chi, RHP
    Mitchell Clarke, LHP
    Carlos Contreras, RHP
    Jonathan Correa, RHP
    Nathan Driessen, LHP
    Ismael Guillon, LHP
    Evan Hildenbrandt, RHP
    Matthew Leonard, LHP
    Kyle Lotzkar, RHP
    Jose Marizan, LHP
    El'Hajj Muhammad, RHP
    Raul Rodriguez, RHP
    Stephen Smith, RHP
    Daryl Thompson, RHP

Catchers:

Yovan Gonzalez
    William Harford
    Danny Vicioso

Infielders:

Junior Arias
    Miguel Chacoa
    Dominin D'Anna
    Danny Hernandez
    Derrick Lowery
    Robert Maddox
    Adam Muenster
    Mauricio Pimentel
    Cristobal Rodriguez
    David Stewart

Outfielders:

Ayeudi Felipe
    Stephen Hunt
    Kurtis Muller
    Juan Silva
    Jeff Taylor

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...t_ros&cid=3430
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-21-2010 at 11:16 PM.

Re: AZL Reds roster

You have some players there that should dominate at that level. Maddox led the MAC in home runs. Muller had a very strong year in the Big Ten. Muenster had a great year in a strong D1 conference.

They slotted Maddox and Muller behind the four young outfielders in Billings even though both of those guys are certainly better players at this stage than any of the four guys in Billings. We knew Yorman would go to Billings but I am surprised about Duran, Read, and Bowe.

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    You have some players there that should dominate at that level. Maddox led the MAC in home runs. Muller had a very strong year in the Big Ten. Muenster had a great year in a strong D1 conference.

They slotted Maddox and Muller behind the four young outfielders in Billings even though both of those guys are certainly better players at this stage than any of the four guys in Billings. We knew Yorman would go to Billings but I am surprised about Duran, Read, and Bowe.
    They've got Maddox listed as an INF. Are they moving him to 1B?

good to see Hildenbrandt and Lotzkar names again

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    good to see Hildenbrandt and Lotzkar names again
    Have to agree. Was looking at Lotzkar's player page last night. There was alot of talent in that arm. I hope it's still there. If it is, just makes the farm system that much stronger.
    Last edited by nemesis; 06-22-2010 at 03:57 PM.

I think you will see Lotzkar make some starts in Dayton before the end of this season if he stays healthy.

I think you will see Lotzkar make some starts in Dayton before the end of this season if he stays healthy.
    Mighty big if, given his history.

It's hard to believe Kyle Lotzkar is still only 20 years old. It seems like he's been around forever. Here's to hoping he makes a full recovery because he had a huge arm and was pitching well before the elbow problems popped up. As a 17 and 18 year old, he posted the following numbers between the GCL Reds, Billings, and Dayton: 66.2 IP, 51 H, 5 HR, 34 BB, 86 K, 11.6 K/9, and 3.38 ERA.

That 11.6 K/9 as a 17/18 year old is ridiculously good. It shows just how good his stuff was before the injury. If he can regain his stuff and remain healthy, he immediately becomes one of the more interesting prospects in the system.

I'll echo that OBM. Lotzkar seems to have been around longer than Daryl Thompson to me. Crazy that hes still only 20.

Resident PED Expert

He is a Fastball/Curveball guy right?

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    He is a Fastball/Curveball guy right?
    He was. I talked to him after he broke his arm and he said that the Reds were thinking of taking away his curveball because of the injury. After that he then tore his elbow up, so I don't know where his repertoire stands right now.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    He was. I talked to him after he broke his arm and he said that the Reds were thinking of taking away his curveball because of the injury. After that he then tore his elbow up, so I don't know where his repertoire stands right now.
    Underhand Knuckle? LMAO...

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

Maybe move him to slider/cutter; might be a little less torque. Have to do something with him, as you could see in his earliest videos he was an injury waiting to happen. I, too, hope he and Hildenbrandt are sound and can pick it back up; still think they're serious prospects if sound.

Turn Off Ads?