Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday June 22nd minor league updates

Re: Tuesday June 22nd minor league updates

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    By rule, an out on an overslide would be scored as he he never reached the base. Most common place you see this is on a stolen base attempt. If he rounded the bag and then got tagged out trying to get back, he is credited with the base.
    Makes sense or else you would have to give the player a stolen base and a caught stealing on the same play.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Makes sense or else you would have to give the player a stolen base and a caught stealing on the same play.
    I believe that happens on pickoffs, though. Its a PO, and if they try to go to second, its also a CS.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Not sure how hard Lotzkar was throwing tonight but I have heard he has been up to 93 in extended spring training. Good to see the Walczak kid in there with three scoreless innings. He also missed spring training with an injury. I have heard from some good sources that he has some serious, filthy stuff. Well over 90 with a dirty slider. Baseball America gave him a mention in the prospect handbook, I believe.

Junior Arias is 2-for-3 with a RBI.

If the pitcher threw to first and the runner started for second, it would be considered a stolen base attempt, even if the runner then tried to go back to first and got tagged out by the first baseman. If the pitcher threw to first and the runner broke for second and beat the first baseman's throw to second, it would be a stolen base. Where it gets tricky is if the runner breaks on first movement against a lefty and the pitcher throws the ball to first and throws it away, the runner still gets the stolen base because you can't presume that the first baseman would have taken the throw and then made an accurrate throw to second to get the runner. This is one of the most commonly mis-understood rules by first-year official scorers.

Pick-offs are not official stats even though they are listed on the box scores. You can have a pick-off and a caught stealing on the same play and commonly do.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsof72 View Post
    By rule, an out on an overslide would be scored as he he never reached the base. Most common place you see this is on a stolen base attempt. If he rounded the bag and then got tagged out trying to get back, he is credited with the base.
    Learn something new every day. Don't agree with how that rule is written and applied though. Thanks for schooling me

Junior Arias is now 3-for-4 with a double and 2 RBI.

Billings is down 2-1 in the 12th inning, but they have runners on 1st and 2nd in the bottom of the 12th.

Billings ties it up on a crazy play. Runners on 1st and 2nd and a grounder to shortstop where the shortstop knocked the ball down but couldn't make the play. He wound up throwing the ball to second late and the runner came around from 2nd to score on the play. The runner from first made it to third base. So in a tie game with the home team with a runner on 3rd base, the ump calls out the grounds crew and the tarp in the bottom of the 12th.

The AZL Reds won 7-5 to improve to 2-0 on the season.

Arias: 3-for-4 double, 2 RBI
    Silva: 0-for-3 walk
    Maddox: 2-for-4 double, triple, 2 RBI

Lotzkar: 3 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 1 K
    Hildenbrandt: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 5 BB, 0 K
    Clarke: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
    Leonard: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...odrok_cinrok_1

What kind of defender is Arias supposed to be?

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    The AZL Reds won 7-5 to improve to 2-0 on the season.

Arias: 3-for-4 double, 2 RBI
    Silva: 0-for-3 walk
    Maddox: 2-for-4 double, triple, 2 RBI

Lotzkar: 3 IP, 3 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 1 K
    Hildenbrandt: 2.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 5 BB, 0 K
    Clarke: 1.2 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 2 K
    Leonard: 1.1 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 2 K

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...odrok_cinrok_1
    Uh, was that a little premature? The box score I saw has the Dodgers scoring three in the top of the ninth and winning 8-7. Matthew Leonard blew the save and took the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Uh, was that a little premature? The box score I saw has the Dodgers scoring three in the top of the ninth and winning 8-7. Matthew Leonard blew the save and took the loss.
    The box score changed. It often happens in the AZL and GCL.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Whoa, I guess it changed. It was showing a 7-5 win for the Reds when I made that post.

Quote Originally Posted by Grande Donkey View Post
    What kind of defender is Arias supposed to be?
    I've asked Kevin Goldstein and Ben Badler among others that same question and they all said he has the tools to be a good defensive shortstop.

Turn Off Ads?