Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Incredible Wimbledon Match

Re: Incredible Wimbledon Match

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I can't believe they're making Mahut do all this. Got to be the toughest loss in his life and they're making him stand out there and take pictures in front of the score board.
    I agree....but on the other hand he's got to find a way to turn this 15 minutes of fame into a major payday. He's never going to make much in prize money.

2. Turn Off Ads?

He'll be glad later that they took those photos. It was tennis history

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I can't believe they're making Mahut do all this. Got to be the toughest loss in his life and they're making him stand out there and take pictures in front of the score board.
    It's easily the best thing that has happened to this guy during his career. Doubt it's the toughest loss.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    He'll be glad later that they took those photos. It was tennis history
    I don't know. If it were me I don't know if I'd ever be able to look at those photos and not get a sick feeling in my stomach.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I can't imagine we'll ever see this record broken. Completely goofy silly mad crazy unbelievable string of games.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

I'm a little bit tired" says John Isner

I vote for this as understatement of the year.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

I didn't see any of this, but the scale of the record makes me suspicious. Will we find out in a few months/years that these two low-ranked players conspired to get their names in the record books during the biggest tournament in the game?
    /r/reds

Quote Originally Posted by Unassisted View Post
    I didn't see any of this, but the scale of the record makes me suspicious. Will we find out in a few months/years that these two low-ranked players conspired to get their names in the record books during the biggest tournament in the game?
    John Isner is ranked #19 in the world. He is seeded at Wimbledon. He did win the Heineken Open. (I'll drink to that) I have rarely heard his name mentioned before, but #19 doesn't seem that low to me.

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/rankings
    Last edited by texasdave; 06-24-2010 at 05:20 PM.

John Isner is hardly a nobody. 19th ranked player in the world, 2nd ranked American, and this victory isn't his first notable match. The dude knocked out Roddick last year in the U.S. Open. On top of that, he's 6'9 and he's got one helluva serve. He's been rising up the ATP rankings pretty fast so this game definitely isn't going to help him advance far at Wimbledon.

Isner got thumped today. I think Mahut would have had a better shot (he seemed more fit), but either guy would have been in a tough spot.

Turn Off Ads?