Turn Off Ads?

Thread: A question about catchers

A question about catchers

I was wondering about all the catchers at Louisville right now. Just what talent level are they at:
    Jake Long seems to have impressive stats, but he never plays. I checked his minor league record and it seems the same. Never plays wherever he he, but he puts up decent numbers. Does anyone know anything about him. He is also only 23 which seems strange to me

Chris Denove has been around a while. his numbers while not impressive seem all right. His fielding could definitely improve.

Then there is

Are either one of first two major league material? If not what are they doing at Louisville?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: A question about catchers

Long has been released. Chris Denove is a bit old and while his offense hasn't been bad, given his age, until he does it at the MLB level, I will remain skeptical. I don't think he is viewed as MLB depth really.

Personally, I would rather have Denove in Cincy than Corky.

Castillo has been better this year than I expected but I expected very little.

Personally, I would rather have Denove in Cincy than Corky.
    Corky is an excellent receiver who knows how to work a pitcher and a hitter. He's been around and caught a lot of guys and seen a lot of hitters. Denove hasn't. This makes Miller far and away the better choice to be in the bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Corky is an excellent receiver who knows how to work a pitcher and a hitter. He's been around and caught a lot of guys and seen a lot of hitters. Denove hasn't. This makes Miller far and away the better choice to be in the bigs.
    I like Denove, but I have to agree with this. Corky's the man.

I wouldn't mind seeing what Denove could do at the show, but with Hannigan almost ready to come back, that just doesn't make much sense. At least not for the Reds.

Turn Off Ads?