Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 UC Football

Re: 2010 UC Football Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The real problem I see with ECU, at least in the short term is that they're better than their national reputation. Guaranteeing that you have to go to East Carolina every other year(which is apparantly a witch to win in) and if you win you get little recognition and if you lose, you lost to a team that's lucky to be in the Big East. At least that's the perception I'd fear. I like the idea of moving West with Missouri, Iowa State, Kansas and Kansas St. Those four schools all have some national recognition, and are probably easier places to win than Greenville.
    Its why I wouldnt stop with 12 with the big east. Go fourteen and then you only have to make 2 real trips east. All of the eastern schools are fairly close to major metropolitian airports which limit the real travel. Memphis to Cincy 7 hr drive.

Manhattan would be the furthest point west and that would be a 12 hr trip from Cincy. For the non revenue sports just setup schedules so that when they go to KSU they hit Kansas and/or Missouri on the way back. If theyre travelling by bus. Not sure of the airports in Kansas.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

2. Turn Off Ads?

Fresno State Saturday Night at 10:00 EST. ESPN2.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

I would like to thank Pitt for instantly ruining any credit the Bearcats will get if they win another big east championship.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I would like to thank Pitt for instantly ruining any credit the Bearcats will get if they win another big east championship.
    That's Wannstache for you. He's like clockwork.

But you're right re: Pitt and the Big East credibility. Sorry Pitt, you don't get to complain about UC losing BCS games when you can't travel west and beat an unranked team.
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-03-2010 at 10:05 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    That's Wannstache for you. He's like clockwork.

But you're right re: Pitt and the Big East credibility. Sorry Pitt, you don't get to complain about UC losing BCS games when you can't travel west and beat an unranked team.
    I think this comment is right and wrong. Pitt can shut up about Cincinnati, that is for sure..... but, as for saying Utah is an unranked team.... well sure, but we don't really know how good/bad they are at this point either. Lets see where they are in 5-6 games and have a decent idea of the team they are.

What I was getting at though was Pitt who was favored in the Big east because of politics and things of those nature just went out and lost to an unranked team in their opener. Basically destroying any good pub an already crapped on conference would get. Basically setting the whole conference back already from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think this comment is right and wrong. Pitt can shut up about Cincinnati, that is for sure..... but, as for saying Utah is an unranked team.... well sure, but we don't really know how good/bad they are at this point either. Lets see where they are in 5-6 games and have a decent idea of the team they are.
    Fair point, but my point is that even if Utah is a top-25 team (and they probably are), the supposed "consensus favorite to win the Big East" should have gone out to Salt Lake a winner. It's a testament to how Pitt is annually overrated in the pre-season polls.

Wannstache chronically gets his team to under-perform and fails to play to their strengths. Last night, Pitt was stubbornly committed to the run down 11 even though Utah sold-out against it all night. Wannstache should have opened things up, forced Utah to double-cover Baldwin and then unleash Lewis on them. As a UC fan, I'm thrilled he's the great equalizer for all of their NFL talent. Now, with a young offensive line and a new starter at QB, they're likely to improve offensively and could look very different by the time they make the trip to Clifton.
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-03-2010 at 02:48 PM.

Fifth Third to sponsor UC football
    THE ENQUIRER • SEPTEMBER 2, 2010

Fifth Third Bancorp announced Thursday it has become an official sponsor of the University of Cincinnati's Bearcats football team, in addition to its support of the Jefferson Avenue Sports Complex.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

More at the link.
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...or-UC-football
    Good news to have additional funding coming into the program. It's about time one of the Fortune 500 companies stepped up to the plate (P&G, I'm looking at you). It will be really nice to have ATMs inside Nippert. That's been needed for years now.

Also, UC held its first practice in their new practice complex. Video here: http://www.gobearcats.com/allaccess/...l?media=191677
    Last edited by paintmered; 09-03-2010 at 02:54 PM.

Pitt is a joke. They were lucky to even be in that game. Can't believe Wanny was using 2 and 3 linebackers vs. 4 and 5 wide sets. Pitt is exactly what I thought they were: overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Pitt is a joke. They were lucky to even be in that game. Can't believe Wanny was using 2 and 3 linebackers vs. 4 and 5 wide sets. Pitt is exactly what I thought they were: overrated.
    Like usual. Pitt is overrated every year because they recruit well.

UC is looking pretty bad and is now down 28-14 in the 4th quarter.

Retired

Same garbage defense from last year, but Kelly didn't leave Jones with a lot there, so not much can be done about that.

What does suprise me is how bad the offense is. All we heard all offseason was how much Jones was like Kelly as an offensive mind. Uh, yeah, I don't think so.

Collaros can scramble but hes also losing big chunks of yards by not throwing the ball away.

The offensive play calling, the offensive line and Collaros have all been a disaster.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Retired

O-Line has given up 6 sacks in a little over 3 quarters.

I am less than impressed with Butch Jones.

Turn Off Ads?