Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 UC Football

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2010 UC Football

Any Bearcat Football fans on here extremely excited for the football season? Here is a look at UC's 2010 schedule:

Sat. September 4th @Fresno State 10:00PM ESPN2
    Sat. September 11th Indiana State 12:00 Fox Sports Ohio
    Thurs. September 16th @North Carolina State 7:30 ESPN
    Sat. September 25th Oklahoma TBA TBA

Sat. October 9th Miami Ohio TBA TBA
    Fri. October 15th @Louisville 8:00 ESPN
    Fri. October 22nd South Florida 8:00 ESPN2
    Sat. October 30th Syracuse TBA TBA

Sat. November 13th @West Virginia TBA TBA
    Sat. November 20th Rutgers TBA TBA
    Sat. November 27th @Uconn TBA TBA

Sat. December 4th Pittsburgh TBA ABC/ESPN or ESPN2

So 72 days until the Cats kickoff on the West Coast vs Fresno State. What is everyone's expectations of the Butch Jones led Bearcats? I think the offense will be explosive, Collaros at quarterback, Pead at running back, Binns, Woods, Hazelton, Thompkins and Barrnet will probably be the main recievers. Anyone of those guys can take it to the house at anytime. The defense will be moving back to the 4-3 so I would think they would have to be a little better this year than last year. Also, I'v been hearing that UC is about to announce 2-4 transfers from USC soon with one being a linebacker that should play right away. We should see that announced soon. I think it will be another fun year for the Bearcats and there fans. Go Cats!
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

jredmo2

Re: 2010 UC Football Official Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    Also, I'v been hearing that UC is about to announce 2-4 transfers from USC soon with one being a linebacker that should play right away. We should see that announced soon.
    What what what?!! Where did you hear this from? That would be fantastic!

I've got season tickets this year so I'm definitely looking forward to the season. Hopefully this year UC starts off with a decent ranking inside the top 25 which would give them a chance to really move up the polls if they pile on the wins.

Obviously, with their nonconference schedule this year, UC has the strength of schedule to move up quick if they start hot. I see the Fresno State game similar to last year's Rutgers opener. I don't particularly like playing on the road against a solid team to open the season, but if UC wins that game it should really give them an excellent push heading into the NC State and Oklahoma games.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Also, I'v been hearing that UC is about to announce 2-4 transfers from USC soon with one being a linebacker that should play right away. We should see that announced soon.
    They are going to have to take a pay cut.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

I expect a 10 win season and a push for another BE title. I have a lot more questions about the defense than the offense (like everyone else I am sure).

Vidal Hazelton has hinted at MULTIPLE transfers from USC on his twitter.

The offense should light up the scoreboard again.

But the defense needs to improve considerably over the 2009 model.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Also, I'v been hearing that UC is about to announce 2-4 transfers from USC soon with one being a linebacker that should play right away.
    I'm not sure if this is who you're referring to, but Jordan Campbell, who was considering UC, just signed a scholarship offer with UofL. He'll likely start at LB for UofL next season.
    Last edited by joshnky; 06-27-2010 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    I'm not sure if this is who you're referring to, but Jordan Campbell, who was considering UC, just signed a scholarship offer with UofL. He'll likely start at LB for UofL next season.
    UofL is a perfect example of what happens to CFB teams with no tradition. There just isn't a built in fan base that can sustain bad coaches/bad years.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

jredmo2

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    UofL is a perfect example of what happens to CFB teams with no tradition. There just isn't a built in fan base that can sustain bad coaches/bad years.
    See:

Miami Hurricanes pre-Schnellenberger
    Florida Gators pre-Spurrier
    Virginia Tech pre-Beamer
    Florida State pre-Bowden

All had marginal football programs before and are now national powers (to varying degrees). Not that this is the norm, but history has shown that previously marginal programs can achieve sustained success.

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    See:

Virginia Tech pre-Beamer
    Florida State pre-Bowden

All had marginal football programs before and are now national powers (to varying degrees). Not that this is the norm, but history has shown that previously marginal programs can achieve sustained success.
    Aside from the U(who hit it big with a 2nd big coach right in a row) the other programs had the advantage of one guy coaching for at least 10 years as well.

I don't doubt that Butch Jones can continue on the path Dantonio, Kelly et al have started them on, but Cedric's correct that one bad coaching hire can really destroy any progress made to this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Aside from the U(who hit it big with a 2nd big coach right in a row) the other programs had the advantage of one guy coaching for at least 10 years as well.

I don't doubt that Butch Jones can continue on the path Dantonio, Kelly et al have started them on, but Cedric's correct that one bad coaching hire can really destroy any progress made to this point.
    If Jones can do what you say, then can UC retain him like the examples given earlier (Va Tech, FL, FSU)?

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jredmo2 View Post
    See:

Virginia Tech pre-Beamer
    Florida State pre-Bowden

See also:

Kansas State pre-Snyder
    Northwestern pre-Barnett
    Oregon State pre-Riley

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Except that it took three years for attendance to dip by any significant measure and the football team still made more money than UC. Given the stadium expansion and new coach UofL should set attendance records this year despite a few "bad years".

So, I don't think your point holds water. In fact, I'd say UofL is a "perfect example" of how to build a sustainable program despite a lack of tradition. Use success to improve the facilities so that the downturn is short and the fans are willing to stick around. It also helps immensely that Louisville is a college town.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Except that it took three years for attendance to dip by any significant measure and the football team still made more money than UC. Given the stadium expansion and new coach UofL should set attendance records this year despite a few "bad years".

So, I don't think your point holds water. In fact, I'd say UofL is a "perfect example" of how to build a sustainable program despite a lack of tradition. Use success to improve the facilities so that the downturn is short and the fans are willing to stick around. It also helps immensely that Louisville is a college town.
    Louisville is irrelevant in CFB to most. Other than for a few years they just haven't mattered.

I've went to UC for undergrad and Ohio State for grad school. It's easy to see the programs with tradition and staying power and the one's who won't sustain.

Tradition, stadium, and strong recruiting base are the keys, IMO.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Turn Off Ads?