Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official: Aroldis Chapman has been moved to the bullpen.

Official: Aroldis Chapman has been moved to the bullpen.

It was just announced on the Louisville Bats broadcast that Aroldis Chapman has been moved out of the rotation, and will pitch in the bullpen, as the Reds think he will be able to help sooner from there. Jesus Delgaldo will take his place in the Bats rotation.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Official: Aroldis Chapman has been moved to the bullpen.

this is good

Interesting.

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I like this about as much as I like rushing Volquez back from TJ surgery.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Can't wait to see him come in throwing some serious gas outta the pen'...lets hope he keeps control of it though.

I wonder if coming in with the game on the line will make him focus on throwing strikes more. When you start, a pitcher's mentality can be more long term instead of short term

he's not rdy to be a starter right now. just keep it simple for him right now and have him blow past ppl with 100-103 mph fast balls for an inning or 2!

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

I love this!!! Chapman in the Bull Pen is going to be killer. this team now has what it takes
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Its not a full time move if anyone didnt catch what Jocketty said about it.

They just dont see him fitting in the rotation this year and want to see him up in the pen to at least help the team for the stretch run.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post

They just dont see him fitting in the rotation this year and want to see him up in the pen to at least help the team for the stretch run.
    It makes a lot of sense to me. This way he helps the team, and the team gets to control him for a longer period of time this year while he's working on his pitching mechanics.

Our bullpen needs a guy who throws that kind of heat. He could really do some damage to the opposing team with just an inning of work.

The Reds can use Chapman in the bullpen and take advantage of the fact that he is so hard for LH hitting to hit. Just having him for certain situations could make a huge difference.

I think they see Volquez coming into the rotation to replace Leake. Then Bailey and Lecure will battle for the 5th spot. If (when) they make the playoffs, the 5th starter is not a factor anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post

If this was a full time move that would be a huge waste of money.
    "There are high fastballs and then theres Chapman's high fastball" -Chris Welsh

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

I don't see how this helps him improve his command/control, which I thought was his biggest issue.

So he's going to ditch his slider and change in a relief role? Thats not going to help him become an MLB starter.

And does anyone really think he's going to be a sure thing as a reliever? I'm afraid that this is the Reds' answer to the Strasburg phenomenon and designed to increase attendance, more than to help the team make the post-season.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

I don't think this is a move for attendance, if anything they're giving away the inflated attendance number they would gain from having his MLB debut also be his first start.
    I hope it's never sunny in Philly again.

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I don't see how this helps him improve his command/control, which I thought was his biggest issue.

So he's going to ditch his slider and change in a relief role? Thats not going to help him become an MLB starter.

And does anyone really think he's going to be a sure thing as a reliever? I'm afraid that this is the Reds' answer to the Strasburg phenomenon and designed to increase attendance, more than to help the team make the post-season.
    He isn't going to ditch the slider and change. In relief or starting, you can't get by with a 100 mph fastball alone. It will be a fastball/slider and maybe an occasional change, but most likely the change will be ditched.

I agree he is no sure thing as a reliever, it will be interesting to see how he does with the BB's and such. But it is not a response to Strasburg or an attendance thing, we are putting ourselves in the middle of a pennant chase, it is all about trying to win ballgames, and his best chance to help us this season is in the bullpen.

Yea winning games will bring more fans to the park than anything.

Turn Off Ads?