Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Question for those who know Cincinnati

Question for those who know Cincinnati

Hi all, this is my first post here. Long time lurker, but now I have a question for anyone willing to answer. Where in Cincinnati can I go to find a good store full of Reds stuff? We are going to the games Sunday and Monday and I would love to find a place besides the stadium where I can get some apparel. Thanks for any help!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Question for those who know Cincinnati

The Reds Hall of Fame has a lot of stuff, but I imagine it's priced the same as the stadium. There used to be a Reds Dugout Shop in the the lobby of the on the hotel right across from fountain square (I think maybe it was Crowne Plaza). I'm not sure if this is still here.

There's also Cincy Shops in Tri-County Mall. It's also a bit pricey, but not as bad as the stadium. It's also about 15 miles north of downtown.

There may be more, but I'm not sure what they are. If you're looking for cheap, any Dick's is going to have a decent amount of Reds gear.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Koch's sporting goods is right down town near Tower Place mall. It's got a little of everything sports wise. T-shirts, jerseys, hats, etc etc etc.

Championships for MY teams in my lifetime:
    Cincinnati Reds - 75, 76, 90
    Chicago Blackhawks - 10, 13, 15
    University of Kentucky - 78, 96, 98, 12
    Chicago Bulls - 91, 92, 93, 96, 97, 98

“Everything that happens before Death is what counts.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Something Wicked This Way Comes

Ok, thanks to both of you. Price isnt too much of a concern, just selection. A couple years ago Cincinnati Mills was full of good stuff, but for some reason almost all the shops went out of business there?
    Last edited by bornready; 06-25-2010 at 09:25 PM.

I second Koch's. You will be able to choose from a good selection at fair prices.

Retired

Third Koch's. They have a good selection of stuff, including a lot of authentic jerseys, and it's downtown.

Cincinnati Mills is pretty much a waste land these days, not much left in there.

Alright, thanks guys. I'll be sure to check out Koch's and The Cincy Shop!

Yes, what happened to Cincinnati Mills? It was a must-visit for us on our trips to Cincinnati, but the last time we were there (fall 2008) it was a depressing place. Any idea what the downfall was? It seemed like a happening place not too long ago.

Along these same lines, what is the trendy new mall to go to in Cincinnati these days? In the 80s and 90s, it seemed to be Florence, but Mall Road is starting to show its age, as well.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    Yes, what happened to Cincinnati Mills? It was a must-visit for us on our trips to Cincinnati, but the last time we were there (fall 2008) it was a depressing place. Any idea what the downfall was? It seemed like a happening place not too long ago.

Along these same lines, what is the trendy new mall to go to in Cincinnati these days? In the 80s and 90s, it seemed to be Florence, but Mall Road is starting to show its age, as well.
    Kenwood and Tri County are the only ones I can think of without 30-50% of the stores empty.

Tower Place Mall in downtown has an "I love Cincy" shop that has some Reds stuff. It's not a huge selection and may not deserve a trip by itself, but if you go to Koch's and still want something more or different, it's probably worth the short walk (just about across the street) to see what they have.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Born Ready?

Shouldn't you be preparing to play for the Indiana Pacers?

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Born Ready?

Shouldn't you be preparing to play for the Indiana Pacers?
    Haha I'm a pacers fan, and with me needing a username here, it just seemed like a good idea!

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bornready View Post
    Haha I'm a pacers fan, and with me needing a username here, it just seemed like a good idea!
    Do you get my joke?

UC's Lance Stephenson was nicknamed "Born Ready". He got drafted by the Pacers in this year's NBA draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Do you get my joke?

UC's Lance Stephenson was nicknamed "Born Ready". He got drafted by the Pacers in this year's NBA draft.

of course i get it! i loved that pick at 40, and i also like his nickname, so it just fit

oh btw, thanks a lot for the suggestions! kochs was awesome, and the cincy shop was also. wow, i've never seen so many reds hats! that made for a tough decision on what to buy

Turn Off Ads?