Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should The Reds Trade A Young Pitcher?

Re: Should The Reds Trade A Young Pitcher?

In the right deal, yes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I don't think we should be shopping them per se', but if the right deal comes along, sure.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    No. The Reds are finally winning because they have a group of young inexpensive players making big contributions. (Votto, Leake, Bruce, Stubbs, Cueto, etc.)

The continued success over next couple years is dependent on replacing Harang, Arroyo and Cordero with inexpensive replacements.
    This is true. We'll need Cueto, Volquez, and Leake for the rotation the next few years and they could be really good and really cheap (relatively speaking). I don't think anyone wants to deal Chapman. And I wouldn't expect too much for Bailey right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    I don't think we should be shopping them per se', but if the right deal comes along, sure.
    I think it's more likely that the Reds shop from the bargain bin. And depending on the player(s) I might be ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Cueto has neutral batted ball tendencies
    That is true, but for whatever reason, he gives up disportionally more homers in GABP than on the road, many more than the ballpark effects would dictate. He gives up one homer a game at home and .65 homers a game on the road.

He has been a guy who has a tendency of trying to overthrow and grooving one too often. Now he was just quoted as saying that he is now trying to emulate Leake and throw with less velocity and more control, which is why he has been more successful as of late. If that keeps up, than he could work on this team.

Regardless, I still think they should trade Bailey. He's just a bad fit for this park.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Turn Off Ads?