Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Phillips Arrested for reckless driving...released after posting bond

Phillips Arrested for reckless driving...released after posting bond

for reckless driving. He posted $25, yes twenty-five dollar bail.

Quote from article:
    “Reckless driving, a lot of times, is truly a discretionary offense,” Colvin said. “He was nothing but a gentleman, according to the policeman that booked him. I love the way the guy plays baseball but he could probably be better at driving his car.”
    http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...traffic-charge
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

Re: Phillips Arrested

Sounds a little ridiculous to me. Why not just issue the ticket and send the guy on his way? Stuff like this gives police officers a bad name.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfaninbsg View Post
    Sounds a little ridiculous to me. Why not just issue the ticket and send the guy on his way? Stuff like this gives police officers a bad name.
    Isn't there a certain mileage over the speed limit that you have to arrest him?

He was going 37 over...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Posting from Southwest VA redsfaninbsg's Avatar

The article leads the reader to believe it is entirely up to the officer to decide if an arrest is made in a reckless driving situation.
    This is the ol Left Hander rounding third and heading for home.

I've no problem with 72 in a 35 warranting arrest. Zones presumably are posted at 35 because of traffic, cars entering etc. Seems to me going more than double that speed constitutes a danger. Arrest might turn out to be a very fortunate turn of events for BP.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    I've no problem with 72 in a 35 warranting arrest. Zones presumably are posted at 35 because of traffic, cars entering etc. Seems to me going more than double that speed constitutes a danger. Arrest might turn out to be a very fortunate turn of events for BP.
    I agree.This however is not a big problem for Reds fans and Phillips fans as well.

For the record.This was by far the scariest thread to click on since the start of the season and probably even longer.We shouldn't do these things to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I agree.This however is not a big problem for Reds fans and Phillips fans as well.

For the record.This was by far the scariest thread to click on since the start of the season and probably even longer.We shouldn't do these things to each other.
    Agree. It's really not our business.

Well this thread title scared the hell out of me.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

My Mom would freak if I was going 72 in a 35 with her in the car

Eh, dumb thing to do but at least he wasn't drinking and driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well this thread title scared the hell out of me.
    No kidding. Not that is not very serious......but there were about 15 other scenarios that ran through my mind as the thread was opening.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

To tell you the truth, the thread title didn't really scare me. When I saw it I figured it was something minor. Despite some incidents on the field, Phillips seems like he has a good head on his shoulders.

He should be benched for a week. Being arrested is not being a good role model to the young people of society. If I would have been arrested for the same thing, I would still be sitting in jail because my bail would be more than $25. Plus I would be fired from my job.
    Taylor High School
    Home of the "Yellow Jackets"

Quote Originally Posted by alexad View Post
    He should be benched for a week. Being arrested is not being a good role model to the young people of society. If I would have been arrested for the same thing, I would still be sitting in jail because my bail would be more than $25. Plus I would be fired from my job.
    You're joking, right? What he did was dumb but he doesn't deserve to be benched for a week.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 06-26-2010 at 05:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alexad View Post
    Fired for a traffic citation? That's a little bit of an exaggeration.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?