Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No TV Tonight.............AGAIN!

No TV Tonight.............AGAIN!

The Reds, once again will not be on tv for an Indians game. This new FOX rule about not letting local games air on tv so they can do a National game is just a pain in the butt. Also the Reds will not be on TV for the Wednesday Roy Halladay game (that could be a blessing though lol.) They weren't on local tv on Wednesday's A's game either.. This is getting annoying seeing that almost every other Franchise has all of their games televised.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: No TV Tonight.............AGAIN!

I dont understand what Fox thinks blacking out the games do. Do they think that Cincinnati fans are now going to watch their game of the week instead of listening to the radio?

At least you have FSO, I get only about 100 games on FSIN. I've listened to at least 20 games on the radio this year.

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

WLW and internet gametracker for me.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Seriously does Fox think they are making more money by blacking out every other game? I would think the advertising alone in those other towns would be more profitable. Then again I dont know how they work.

Instead I wont be watching either game and now just have to listen to the radio.

The Reds broadcast 145, but it seems like they've already not broadcast about 15 games. That means that after Wed. they must be broadcasting pretty much everything on out.

I mean, they didn't broadcast Wed at Oakland, tonight and this Wednesday. It just seems like they've had a ton of afternoon day games this year. Tons more then usual all ready.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

I can tell you that I will not be watching any of the baseball game on FOX, they need to get over themselves
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Okay, by my count the Reds haven't broadcasted 11 games so far this year in the first 3 months after this Wednesday, there may be one or two I'm missing. That means in the remaining three months they will broadcast all but 6. So it looks like they're going to start doing some weekday day games or they're not playing nearly as many in the 2nd half.

But, from Wednesday on out they're pretty much doing everything.

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Every year Selig says they are going to address the blackout rule in MLB.Yet nothing ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    Every year Selig says they are going to address the blackout rule in MLB.Yet nothing ever happens.
    selig is a joke, he cant get anything right

what a ****ing joke. selig is a clown.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    The Reds, once again will not be on tv for an Indians game. This new FOX rule about not letting local games air on tv so they can do a National game is just a pain in the butt. Also the Reds will not be on TV for the Wednesday Roy Halladay game (that could be a blessing though lol.) They weren't on local tv on Wednesday's A's game either.. This is getting annoying seeing that almost every other Franchise has all of their games televised.
    I remember when we got 40 games a year (none ever at home) and we were thankful.
    I remember when SportsChannel Ohio offered a chance to subscribe to Reds home games and we were thankful.
    I remember when FSNOH carried 100 games and we were thankful.
    Now we get 145 games, all in HD, and people cry out about the other 17.

BTW, Wednesday's game is on MLB Network.

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

And I wouldnt be surprised if Fox broadcast this weekend's game at night on purpose. They know the inter-league games hold an appeal that inner-league games do not so they probably try to optimize attendance by not broadcasting them tonight. Why do you think the Reds charge a surcharge for the Indians series. They now it is an in demand ticket with their in-state rival.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    I remember when we got 40 games a year (none ever at home) and we were thankful.
    I remember when SportsChannel Ohio offered a chance to subscribe to Reds home games and we were thankful.

I'm an emotional guy.. I love to cry. I love to whine about these sorts of things. BTW i remember those days too but I'm now spoiled and I feel that the Indians game should be shown in its entirety. We live in an age in which we should get every game on tv without an exception. I pay too much for mlb broadcasts and mlb.com not to get all the Reds games.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting The Voice of IH's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post

This is not the 1970's, It is time that every single sporting event be available at all times...
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Turn Off Ads?