Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baker breaking it down!!

Baker breaking it down!!

I'm really only starting this thread because I think it's worth mentioning that Dusty's doing a great job.I haven't been a Baker fan and hated the hiring.I've been very critical of many moves he's made with the Reds and have flat out called for him to be fired(not that anyone's listening).It's now safe to say that Dusty is doing his job very well this year despite a handful of things that we'd all like him to do differently but you'll have that with any manager.

So go ahead Dusty and do your thing!!!!!!:dancingco

http://www.fanfeedr.com/mlb/2010/06/...in-dusty-baker
    Last edited by Captain Hook; 06-27-2010 at 01:37 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Baker breaking it down!!

I saw that when they showed it on FSN Ohio Friday night. Good stuff.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

I've had my criticisms of Dusty, as we all have, but he's really done a hell of a job. He's a for sure manager of the year candidate at this point.

Man Pills

Did they play the game in green hats?

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Yep. They look AWFUL on the red.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Falls City Beer View Post
    They should have worn St. Patrick's Day-style green uniforms like they wore back in the 70's and 80's.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Some of those comments on there are apparently from Redszoners

"stop dancing and start managing"
    "dance your way to the unemployment line"

It is actually pretty amazing to see the manager bashing at RZ cease to an absolute halt. Good on Dusty.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    It is actually pretty amazing to see the manager bashing at RZ cease to an absolute halt. Good on Dusty.
    Winning will do that.
    "Since I've been with the Reds in 1989, we've never had a farm system this loaded," Bowden said. "If we were the New York Yankees and had unlimited dollars, we could have traded for Colon, (Jeff) Weaver, Rolen, (Cliff) Floyd, (Kenny) Rogers and Finley and gotten them all -- and still held onto our top five prospects. That's an amazing statement."

I can do the Hully Gully IowaRed's Avatar

I stopped "bashing" (which is the word many people use when they disagree) because I got really tired and bored of doing it but also because it's against the rules. IMO-Anybody who thinks there still isn't plenty to "bash" isn't really paying attention. Besides who wants everybody to feel the same way and agree all the time?
    More often than not, when someone is telling me a story all I can think about is that I can't wait for them to finish so that I can tell my own story that's not only better, but also more directly involves me.

My opinion of him really hasn't changed. He's a good clubhouse guy and not a good baseball tactician. Dusty might be a slice of the winning pie but I guess I would have a hard time being sated by it.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

I still think he's the worst manager I've ever seen manage the Reds. And if you do some sort of a cost/benefit analysis, it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    I still think he's the worst manager I've ever seen manage the Reds. And if you do some sort of a cost/benefit analysis, it's not even close.
    Really? Baker is worse than the guy who stole from some of his players (Dave Miley)?

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    While I understand not liking a guy,

Russ Nixon
    Vern Rapp
    Ray Knight
    Dave Miley
    Jerry Narron

All long for the success that Dancin Dustee has had as a manager (and likely player too)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    While I understand not liking a guy,

Russ Nixon
    Vern Rapp
    Ray Knight
    Dave Miley
    Jerry Narron

All long for the success that Dancin Dustee has had as a manager (and likely player too)
    And you even left out the guy who was betting on his team while managing them. And I still stand by my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by pahster View Post
    Really? Baker is worse than the guy who stole from some of his players (Dave Miley)?
    I've never heard that. To what are you referring? (Am I forgetting some scandal here?)

Turn Off Ads?