Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Thoughts on a computer issue?

Thoughts on a computer issue?

I have an older PC and in the past couple of days an issue has cropped up. When I go to play a video off the net in "full screen" mode the whole screen goes white. The volume still works so the video is playing. It is working normally in a smaller screen setting. Any thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Re: Thoughts on a computer issue?

Could be a driver issue. May want to check if your flash (adobe) software is up to date as well. I read something where the new update caused this on some comps. You could try installing a previous version of Adobe flash (9 seems to work ok for this problem, fwiw.)

this forum has some info on the problem:
    http://www.google.com/support/forum/...2c5e65d0&hl=en

Good luck.

Could just be that the computer can't handle that video at full screen.

You know I did just do an Adobe update so that could be the issue.

I googled "adobe flash full screen problem white".

Looks like the problem is in enabling hardware acceleration in flash. You can disable it and see if that helps.

Pay attention to the open sky

Thanks folks. I did change the accelerator setting and that fixed the issue. I had tried downloading an earlier version of Adobe Flash but was having a hard time finding it and then noticed a posting about the accelerator in the link provided by Bigredmechanism above.

Turn Off Ads?