Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sunday June 27, 2010 Minor League Updates

Re: Sunday June 27, 2010 Minor League Updates

Evan Hildenbrandt: 3 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 4 K

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    I know you are just reporting what you heard, but how is that possible? I figure that is one of those basic rules that almost everyone knows. I would like to get more information on why or how this happened.
    Clearly the Carlos Beltran comps are inaccurate. And he's closer to a Joe Brown type of player where he can hit 2b after flipping the light switch before it goes dark...
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Sappelt is looking awesome this year. Wow.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/n...=.jsp&sid=t518
    The game featured an oddity - Billings right fielder Yorman Rodriguez, who had three hits and three RBIs, lost a home run when he passed teammate Theo Bowe on the bases in the top of the ninth inning. It was ruled a two-run single, since Rodriguez passed Bowe between first and second base.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Evan Hildenbrandt: 3 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 4 K
    Good news.

Mesoracos OPS over .850 now.

Hes only had 3 walks and 1 in the last 10 days, but to be fair hes hitting .361 over the last 10 days also with 6 extra base hits.

How does that happen? I mean once you get close to the guy in front of you wouldn't you like stop. You really shouldn't get within 15 feet anyway. I personally am kinda laughing at it.
    Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/ShaneHorning

Quote Originally Posted by BearcatShane View Post
    How does that happen? I mean once you get close to the guy in front of you wouldn't you like stop. You really shouldn't get within 15 feet anyway. I personally am kinda laughing at it.
    If the ball just cleared the wall and Bowe saw the other team's outfielder leap and thought he made the catch it and was heading back to first I guess it is possible. I would like to see a video of that play. I have never seen a player get passed on the base paths before. I have seen two players on the same base before.

I agree with texas, 1 guy thought it was caught the other thought it was a double, an easy mistake

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If the ball just cleared the wall and Bowe saw the other team's outfielder leap and thought he made the catch it and was heading back to first I guess it is possible. I would like to see a video of that play. I have never seen a player get passed on the base paths before. I have seen two players on the same base before.
    I saw Tim McCarver pass Garry Maddox once. Maddox was on first and thought the ball was caught and McCarver ran right past him. McCarver said he didn't know how Maddox could have thought the ball was caught, because it was a no-doubter. Heck, it may be on youtube or something. I'll check.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Frazier went 1-for-3 with a HR (#11) and a walk.
    My brother and I were at the game. Frazier's shot was a monster blast over the picnic area beyond the left field fence. No idea on the actual distance but the crowd was in stunned silence for several seconds.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    My brother and I were at the game. Frazier's shot was a monster blast over the picnic area beyond the left field fence. No idea on the actual distance but the crowd was in stunned silence for several seconds.
    Nice. Frazier has been in an awful slump all season (maybe due to the knee problems?) but he has four home runs in his last six games so maybe he's starting to shows signs of life. He's one of the nicer people you will meet, I'm pulling for him to turn his season around.

I can see it if it was a wall scraper runner going back to 1st thinking it might be caught and Yorman thinking double out of the box hustling like everyone should down the line and takes that wide turn.

While it won't show up in the stats, the important thing to remember is he hit the ball over the fence for a HR, regardless of what the stats say. That's the second time in 33 atbats this season he has left the ballpark. For development purposes, I think it says more for his power development if he hit a HR over the fence that was negated due to a baserunning mishap than it would if he were to hit an inside-the-park-home run. The inside-the-park-HR would look better in the boxscore as he would get credit for the HR but the negated HR is more important, IMO. I hope that makes sense.

Turn Off Ads?