Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: So what do we do in real life? Can we help each other out?

Re: So what do we do in real life? Can we help each other out?

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    Hahaha... I dunno. He's from Indy and gotten jobs in Cinci... Were you slacking?
    If things keep dragging here in Indy I may head to the Queen City to find some work. Doubtful though.

My Grandfather who started our business went to the 72' WS because he was working on some projects in Cincy and just happened to get a ticket. Maybe I can follow in his steps and hopefully do the same thing for the 2010' WS.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'm a retired truck driver.

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Does your firm employ this guy?:

Sorry couldn't resist. Love that movie.
    Everybody meet Vr's Oldest boy name of carl

Work for Direct Tv

Stat geek...and proud

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    Does your firm employ this guy?:

Sorry couldn't resist. Love that movie.
    It ain't got no gas in it!

Stat geek...and proud

Soooo... Anybody else here involved in freight or shipping?
    Yep. I work in a warehouse for a plastics company in Richmond, IN. I'm not going to give the exact name on here because Google can find anything, and it's a pretty big company. Funnily enough, we had an emergency shipment a couple of weeks ago, and we sent it FedEx Custom Critical, but I thought of telling my bossman to call Old Right Hander.

Soooo... Anybody else here involved in freight or shipping?
    I think I mentioned it earlier, but I'm a Freight Transportation Consultant, primarily specializing in freight bill audit (I check to make sure the ORH hasn't overcharged you!). We also do consulting, helping companies select the proper routing, contain their costs, etc. I've been doing this for over 30 years. Not sure if I found this thread again, but I just got my new webpage up a couple of weeks ago: http://tscinti.com
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Wanna trade jobs?

Owning your own business is more overrated than mom's apple pie.

TRF- When you are finished, let me see the finished product if its alright with Team Clark.

We are opening October 1st....
    TC was ok with it. the site is http://www.stbernardpolice.org/index.php

make sure you put the index.php at the end, otherwise you see the old site.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I am a grant writer working mostly with small towns that are trying to improve their public facilities infrastructure (water and sewer lines). I also manage a first time home buyers program.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    I am a grant writer working mostly with small towns that are trying to improve their public facilities infrastructure (water and sewer lines). I also manage a first time home buyers program.
    Ever do grants for individuals? I'd love to get some kind of home improvement grant, and my wife is looking for one for higher education.

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Ever do grants for individuals? I'd love to get some kind of home improvement grant, and my wife is looking for one for higher education.
    In Illinois we have single family owner occupied rehabilitation programs, its HUD money made available to counties, towns, villages or cities. The local governmental body has to apply for the program and get approved. Then we take applications and score them based on income level, disability, length of home ownership, and housing debt %. The more points you get the more likely you are to get done. We might do 10 homes in a community during 1 program. We spend between $30,000 and $40,000 per house to address health and safety issues as well as code violations. The program requires a 5 to 10 year recapture agreement be filed against the house so that we get the money back if they sell the place in the years following the rehab work. We run 6 to 10 of these type programs a year out of our office.

Other states probably have similar programs.
    We only live in patches. - H. G. Wells

bill collector..quasi customer service....so pay now..or else....

Quote Originally Posted by Jefferson24 View Post
    In Illinois we have single family owner occupied rehabilitation programs, its HUD money made available to counties, towns, villages or cities. The local governmental body has to apply for the program and get approved. Then we take applications and score them based on income level, disability, length of home ownership, and housing debt %. The more points you get the more likely you are to get done. We might do 10 homes in a community during 1 program. We spend between $30,000 and $40,000 per house to address health and safety issues as well as code violations. The program requires a 5 to 10 year recapture agreement be filed against the house so that we get the money back if they sell the place in the years following the rehab work. We run 6 to 10 of these type programs a year out of our office.

Other states probably have similar programs.
    That's what I am looking for. We've been in our house 15 years, and it has... issues.

Thanks!

I'm a CPA, but I swear I'm not the guy you're thinking of when you hear CPA.

Turn Off Ads?