Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Monday, June 28, 2010, Minor League Updates

Re: Monday, June 28, 2010, Minor League Updates

Quote Originally Posted by NeilHamburger View Post
    Honestly, how long do you guys think it will be before Dusty is in Walt's office advocating that Heisey really needs to go to AAA to get at bats everyday? Saying the Reds could use a veteran outfielder in his role.

Think about this, right now I absolutly believe the Reds are one outfielder injury away from GMJ getting significant playing time.

See, this is the problem with signing guys like GMJ. Once he gets promoted, and if he hits at AAA (which a MLB veteran can even though he can no longer hit MLB pitching) he will, then Dusty will not use him as a 5 outfielder. I have every belief that if Walt promotes him Dusty will give him significant playing time in the leadoff role.
    I want you to give me one example of this ever happening under Dusty. Stubbs has been playing everyday since he has been caleed up.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuffyPig View Post
    Let's face it, you mis-hit the bun with the mustard squirter, no one will really care.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The AZL Reds lost 6-2.

Arias and Silva both went 0-for-4, though Arias did steal his third base of the season.

Ismael Guillon: 4.2 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 2 BB, 3 K

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...inrok_rngrok_1
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Billings lost 8-7.

Yorman went 1-for-5. Billy Hamilton was 2-for-4 with a double and his first stolen base. That's his second straight two hit game.

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/m...ilrok_helrok_1
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Not sure who, but someone on here keeps ripping on the guy.

Everytime I look, he is killing the ball.
    If you're referring to the thread when someone compared Satterwhite to Jay Bruce, then the ripping was justified. Satterwhite can hit, but to compare him to Bruce is way off.

My opinion of Satterwhite will be jaded until I see him in person again. On Father's Day, he hit a very high pop fly to right field. The right fielder dropped it, and Satterwhite ended up on 1st base...which was totally inexcusable. The next batter ripped a base hit to right, and Satterwhite was thrown out trying to go 1st to 3rd. Maybe it was a momentary lapse, but I'm reserving judgment until I see another Dragons' game soon.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AWA85 View Post
    This Matthews Jr. prospect is heating up for the Bats... who is starting to worry????
    Well, I for one am rooting for him. He's with the Reds now, if he plays well he could help the club. I know he's stunk it up in the past, but he does have some tools to work with. I just can't wish ill will on a Reds player.
    Chapman to the rotation!!!! Do it already!!!!

I went to the last two Bats-Tides games and maybe it was the heat (temps around 100) and they just wanted out of there, but the Bats were hacktastic. If they were a football player, they'd be Hacksaw Reynolds. If they were a band, they'd be the Hackensaw Boys. You get the point.

Frazier had a couple big bombs, which was nice to see.

Francisco looked awful. I might be wrong, but I could swear he swung at the first pitch in every single at-bat.

Delgado did a nice job last night and Fisher pitched 2 strong innings of relief, with no hits, no walks, and 3 Ks.

I was hoping to see Chapman and/or Volquez while the Bats were in Norfolk but alas, it was not to be.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    Not sure who, but someone on here keeps ripping on the guy.

Everytime I look, he is killing the ball.
    You're probably talking about me; I never said he stunk, though. I simply said he'll have to make big adjustments if he's ever going to advance through the organization because his plate approach won't translate well in the upper leagues. I compared him to a less-skilled Juan Francisco.

Turn Off Ads?