Turn Off Ads?
Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1353596061626364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I got to see "War Horse" and "Carnage" this weekend.

"War Horse" I thought was just ok. It spends a lot of time trying to build up the story and it never really pays off.

"Carnage" is based off the play and it definately should have stayed as a play. It has a really good cast and is well acted, but I didn't think it worked as a movie.
    My wife saw WarHorse on the stage in England and was very excited about the movie. From what she told me of the story line, I was a little concerned it wouldn't come off quite as powerful as the play.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    saw this on big screen a few years ago..

have you seen "holiday inn" w/ crosby and fred astaire, on which "white christmas" is loosely based (and also features berlin's famous song)? i've seen "white christmas" many times, and it's my sentimental favorite, but "holiday inn" is a better movie, i'd say.
    yep, i've seen "holiday inn" a few times. i thought it was good and was the holiday movie i thought "white christmas" would be. i didn't mean to be a grinch about it. i liked a lot of it, but it did drag in parts.

i'm not sure how i've missed "white christmas" all these years. i think i always got it mixed up with "holiday inn". d'oh!
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Saw "Hugo" last night.

It was outstanding. Highly recommended. 3D the way 3D should be done, not a gimmick, a perfect compliment to a great story.
    We'll go down in history as the first society that wouldn't save itself because it wasn't cost effective ~ Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    saw this on big screen a few years ago..

have you seen "holiday inn" w/ crosby and fred astaire, on which "white christmas" is loosely based (and also features berlin's famous song)? i've seen "white christmas" many times, and it's my sentimental favorite, but "holiday inn" is a better movie, i'd say.
    This is one of my favorite Christmas movies. I have it on DVD and watched it a week or so ago. Many of the traditional Christmas and other holiday songs are performed in this. Bing is at his best singing and Astaire is such a great dancer. His firecracker dance is something else. The DVD I have has some extras on it. One of them is Astaires daughter talking about the making of the movie. She said it took 38 takes before they got the firecracker dance how they wanted it! Also the DVD doesn't cut out any parts either. Some versions you see on TV cut out certain parts.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Team America.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Saw "Hugo" last night.

It was outstanding. Highly recommended. 3D the way 3D should be done, not a gimmick, a perfect compliment to a great story.
    As part of our Christmas movie binge, the GF and I are going to see Hugo this week -- along with MI4 and Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.

I have no desire to see "War Horse" -- I don't think I've ever seen a movie about a horse that didn't bore me to tears.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Earlier this week my 19 year old son Jason surprised me by opting to say he wanted to watch "White Christmas," calling it a classic (as it is). Kim, Jason and I watched it, while 14 year old Kevin watched something else. I still love the film (I later let Jason rent "Hangover II," which I doubt is a classic ).
    Last night I watched "The Bishop's Wife," a 1947 film with Cary Grant, Loretta Young and David Niven. Charming tale.
    We plan to see the new "Sherlock Holmes" movie today.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

We saw the new Sherlock Holmes movie. I'd give it a C+/B-.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Saw the Dark Knight Rises prologue. I sure hope that's not the voice treatment they're going with for Bane.

Manic
    Good Will Hunting
    Animal Kingdom
    Goldeneye
    The Assasination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    Kick-Ass
    Fracture
    Donnie Darko
    Our Idiot Brother

I had already seen Good Will Hunting, Goldeneye, Kick-Ass, and Darko.

I actually really liked everything about Manic except for its cinematography and I'm surprised to read so many people enjoyed the shaky camera. Animal Kingdom had a very unique way of telling its story; it was very character driven. I fell asleep during Jesse James: yawn. I liked Fracture a lot up until its stupid twist ending. Our Idiot Brother met my expectations with a good balance of comedy and drama...

I really enjoyed the new Sherlock Holmes movie. Lots of fun.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    I fell asleep during Jesse James: yawn.
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is one of the greatest films I've ever seen, but I realize it's not for everyone.

The Help. Oh My. what a powerful, moving story. Based on the trailers I had expected more of a comedy, but this is more along the lines of something like Steel Magnolias or Fried Green Tomatoes, with solid drama and moments of comedy. Very much like real life. lol! I've always like Emma Stone, but even more so now.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

The Muppets

Just an incredibly well done movie. Brought back a lot of really happy memories from my childhood.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford is one of the greatest films I've ever seen, but I realize it's not for everyone.
    I feel like I'm not the kind of person to usually be put off by such a lack of pace and action, and I like the similar There Will Be Blood, but yeah I just got bored haha...

Turn Off Ads?