Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

La Dolce Vita

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

the girl with the dragon tattoo. noomi rapace makes for a killer lisbeth salander. michael nyqvist excellent also.
    teach tolerance.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

I know I'm about 5 years late, but I just watched Cadillac Records. Decent movie with great music. How can one go wrong with characters like Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, Chuck Berry, Howlin' Wolf and Etta James?
    What if this is as good as it gets?

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain13 View Post
    I know I'm about 5 years late, but I just watched Cadillac Records. Decent movie with great music. How can one go wrong with characters like Muddy Waters, Little Walter, Willie Dixon, Chuck Berry, Howlin' Wolf and Etta James?
    Good, good movie. Although Beyonce was a little prettier that the real Etta James.

The dude who played Howlin' Wolf, however was amazing.
    Witty signature.

Terror of the Living Dead (aka The Hanging Woman) 1973

Starring Paul Naschy. He was an actor, writer & director of B grade horror films of the late 60s to early 80s. He had a bit of a revival in the few years prior to his death as fanboys like myself (and Savafan I suspect) dicovered his films on DVD.

In this one Paul is a gravedigger who , well, lets just say he isn't quite right in the head (after all its a family board). The movie also has nubile babes, a seance, a black magician, zombies, secret passages to a graveyard & all kinds of weird stuff. Its a lot of fun. Recommended for people who like old school B grade horror films.

Saw The Town last night, thought it was really good. Believe it or not, Ben Aflleck was very good in this role. And he directed this one too and did an excellent job. It had a very similar feel to Gone Baby Gone, which he also directed. Maybe he's found a niche directing the very "real" type of movies.

Also, Jeremy Renner was awesome. That guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors out there.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Also, Jeremy Renner was awesome. That guy is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors out there.
    just saw a first season episode of Angel that Renner did. Good stuff.

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Jennifer's Body. The only reason I kept watching this dud was hopes of seeing Megan Fox's body.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Saw Easy A over the weekend (wanted something more light hearted than The Town). Cute movie, I still haven't seen Emma Stone in anything I didn't like.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Saw Easy A over the weekend (wanted something more light hearted than The Town). Cute movie, I still haven't seen Emma Stone in anything I didn't like.
    I might be seeing this tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    She was good in "The House Bunny." So was Anna Farris.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

The Devil's Sword (1984)

This is an Indonesian fantasy movie about an evil Queen who turns into a crocodile, her over the top martial artist henchman, an evil sword & a woman who will stop at nothing to get her husband back (he is kidnapped by the Queen). Its a very low budget film yet has a ton of charm. The bad English dub only adds to the charm. Recommened to folks who enjoy weird world cinema.

Just watched Gandhi w/ Ben Kingsley over the weekend. Simply one of my all-time favorite movies, and not just because of the superb acting, but for it's historical and biographical perspective.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Legends of the Guardians: Owls of Ga'Hool. Animation was *Amazing*. Story was a little bit rushed and incomplete, but still worth seeing, and definitely in 3-D despite having to wear the dorky glasses. Not really for very young kids tho, due to the rather violent fight scenes.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Legends of the Guardians: Owls of Ga'Hool. Animation was *Amazing*. Story was a little bit rushed and incomplete, but still worth seeing, and definitely in 3-D despite having to wear the dorky glasses. Not really for very young kids tho, due to the rather violent fight scenes.
    I hate this movie and haven't even seen it. One of my best friends is a teacher and she got a job at a new school. I went out a week before school started to help her set up her room and I was organizing books and this series of books was in there. I mocked out loud "seriously, who the heck would be interested in this junk?". A week later we were at dinner and the commercials came on for the movie. In my face.

Recently watched all of the TV show Firefly and the movie Serenity.

That show was amazing, can't believe it didn't last longer.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Turn Off Ads?