Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    The previews for that look fun, but I don't know if I can do another "Michael Cera's Nerdy/Awkward Character Somehow Manages to Land Hot Girl" movie.
    chicks dig guys in bands.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Saw Scott Pilgrim vs the World last night. Loved every second of it.
    My twenty year old son saw it yesterday and loved it. He has been a big fan of the graphic novel series and has been looking forward to the movie all summer. He even wore his Sex Bob-Bomb t-shirt. I'm going to see it with him tomorrow.

We saw Dinner for Schmucks last week. After the first few minutes, I thought it was going to be a silly movie, but it turned out to be very funny.
    Last edited by Spitball; 08-14-2010 at 07:04 PM.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Saw the Other Guys today with the wife. It was kinda Meh for me. I would wait for the DVD. Saw Dinner for Schmucks last week and while no big laughs it did have us smiling throughout.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

At the theatre, Despicable Me. thought the Minions were too cute and tho a bit campy, the story was good. Oh HBO tonight, Transformers 2. What a convoluted, confusing mess. Waste of 2 1/2 hours.....

My wife and I took in the final outdoor movie at Eden Park, "Wait Until Dark," the great 1967 classic with Alan Arkin, Audrey Hepburn, Richard Crenna, Jack Warden and Efron Zimbalist Jr. Arkin is just terrific in this suspense film, really just demented and it heightens the tension. Great crowd scream towards the end.

Funny Reds connection: being at Eden Park just up from the ballpark, we heard the fireworks at the end of the game and knew the Reds won. Twenty minutes later though, the other fireworks started (I leaned over to my wife and so, oh oh, it's Friday night fireworks). For the next 20 minutes, the blasts were reverberating off the hillsides as the movie ran. We could still hear, so it ultimately wasn't an issue.

Great movie though and fun to watch with an audience.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    My wife and I took in the final outdoor movie at Eden Park, "Wait Until Dark," the great 1967 classic with Alan Arkin, Audrey Hepburn, Richard Crenna, Jack Warden and Efron Zimbalist Jr. Arkin is just terrific in this suspense film, really just demented and it heightens the tension. Great crowd scream towards the end.
    We were thinking about going to that on Friday but went to Oktoberfest in Seven Mile instead. Plus we were going to the Art Museum last night anyway.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    My twenty year old son saw it yesterday and loved it. He has been a big fan of the graphic novel series and has been looking forward to the movie all summer. He even wore his Sex Bob-Bomb t-shirt. I'm going to see it with him tomorrow.
    I really liked the movie. There is a lot of action and humor. I'm not sure Cera was the best choice for the Scott Pilgrim role, but the other characters were very good.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Guys night....saw the Expendables Saturday night. Expecting a pretty significant let down, but it was a very good action flick. Not too over the top, lots of schticky one-liners, but I'll see it again w/ my oldest sons.

(spoiler alert....)

didn't like the scene w/ Ahnold....too over the top.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Went and saw "eat Pray Love" with my wife for our anniversary. If you look up "taking one for the team" in the dictionary, this is the example given.

It was a truly awful movie, worse than I anticipated. The only redeeming quality was the soundtrack.

Had guys night last night for The Expendables. It was worse than I was expecting. The action scenes were pretty good but I didn't care for the one liners and it had times where it was just too slow. Not awful but not something I'd watch again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Went and saw "eat Pray Love" with my wife for our anniversary. If you look up "taking one for the team" in the dictionary, this is the example given.

It was a truly awful movie, worse than I anticipated. The only redeeming quality was the soundtrack.
    I'm waiting for the gritty reboot: eat prey; love.

"The Book of Eli" - It looks exactly like "Fallout 3" - washed-out colors, broken highway overpasses doubling as scenic vistas, roadside marauders, pieced-together shantytowns populated by shambling survivors. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really impactful. I never really cared what happened to any of the characters. Two out of five stars.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    "The Book of Eli" - It looks exactly like "Fallout 3" - washed-out colors, broken highway overpasses doubling as scenic vistas, roadside marauders, pieced-together shantytowns populated by shambling survivors. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't really impactful. I never really cared what happened to any of the characters. Two out of five stars.
    Agreed, saw this a couple weeks ago and I thought it was below average to terrible. Denzel was great as always but couldn't save this one. Mila Kunis is just a terrible actress and that was on display here. "So hey dude can you take me with you because I think it'd be cool and hey you're reading a book, cool man, I can't read but let me stay here and chill. I'll show you where we get water and stuff too, cool beans?"

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    At the theatre, Despicable Me. thought the Minions were too cute and tho a bit campy, the story was good. Oh HBO tonight, Transformers 2. What a convoluted, confusing mess. Waste of 2 1/2 hours.....
    Transformers 2 redefined the geography of the Middle East. Drove me bananas.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Transformers 2 redefined the geography of the Middle East. Drove me bananas.
    Also, don't forget that Davis-Mothan is immediately next door to Dulles.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?