Turn Off Ads?
Page 53 of 68 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Conspirator on DVD. Not a big history buff normally but this was very compelling. Actually because I'm not a big history buff made it better for me, didn't know the specifics of it. In fact I didn't know the story at all with exception to the general knowledge of the Lincoln assassination and assassin. Guess I hated history as a kid more than I thought. I feel like a moron that I didn't know more about the specifics of the plot to kill him and the others involved/perhaps not involved!? Anyhow very powerful story and asks some seriously tough questions of us all. Very big thumbs up!

Also watched your Highness and it was ok but not as funny as expected for me, but there are some very funny parts and Natalie Portman is always a joy to watch. Certainly has some vulgarity to it (Danny McBride) but that is probably to be expected from him.
    Last edited by Mario-Rijo; 08-23-2011 at 12:13 PM.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

Late to the game, but finally caught "Social Network" on Starz On demand this weekend. I had heard nothing but rave reviews, but didn't really see how the story of Facebook could have been that great. Keeping in mind that I'm one of the few who doesn't have a facebook account in my age group (early 30s), nor any real desire at the moment, I'll agree with all the rave reviews that the movie received. Compelling story, well acted, and excellantly put together. Its certainly worth the 2 hours for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, even if you don't care a lick for facebook.

Saw The Debt last night. *Excellent*! The second half was weaker than the first, but overall, it was compelling. I was impressed with Dame Helen as usual, but also by the actor that played the younger David--Sam Worthington. That's an actor that I think will really be something.

La Dolce Vita

"blood simple" the coen's entry into filmdom..

"the apartment" billy wilder classic

both for the umpteenth time..head-shaking good stuff.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    "blood simple" the coen's entry into filmdom..

"the apartment" billy wilder classic

both for the umpteenth time..head-shaking good stuff.
    The Apartment is one of my favorites.
    School's out. What did you expect?

I know I am late to the dance with this one, but Paul was very funny. Same guys that did Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Nothing deep, good fun though.

Saw Rise of the Planet of the Apes based on the reaction here on Redszone and I loved it. Never seen any Planet of the Apes movie before but I thought this was awesome.

La Dolce Vita

"in a better world" 2010 oscar and golden globe winner from danish director, susanne bier, which through 2 dysfunctional families, brilliantly raises complex questions concerning revenge. superb acting and production values.
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I know I am late to the dance with this one, but Paul was very funny. Same guys that did Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Nothing deep, good fun though.
    I'll agree with you there--Paul was definitely worth watching--I loved all the old sci-fi movie references!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I was and am a HUGE fan of Sean of the Dead and Hot Fuzz and was super excited to see Paul........I was left feeling "meh"..
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I was and am a HUGE fan of Sean of the Dead and Hot Fuzz and was super excited to see Paul........I was left feeling "meh"..
    have you seen Spaced? GREAT stuff. Its the gang pre Shaun of the Dead. It was on hulu for free a while back. It might still be.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    "Paul's" problem is that it wasn't directed by Edgar Wright

La Dolce Vita

inarritu's "biutiful". my goodness, what an amazingly expressive face javier bardem has. it could tell all the world's stories.

re-watched "old country for old men" just to see more of that face.
    teach tolerance.

La Dolce Vita

neil burger's "limitless" with bradley cooper...interesting notion.
    teach tolerance.

I've been busy watching movies since I got back to school (its senior year so other than drinking its about all I have to do):

Your Highness
    It's Kind of a Funny Story
    Dunston Checks In
    Outbreak
    Dear Zachary
    127 Hours
    28 Days Later
    Hobo With a Shotgun
    Super High Me
    Contagion
    Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
    Eight Men Out