Turn Off Ads?
Page 66 of 68 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768 LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetstop View Post
    besides the beautiful production values, i know my husband and i both said it took us back to our own childhoods during that same period. as parent and g-parent, i thought the naturalness of the scenes with the babies and children were lovely and spot on and made me cry...which i tend to do more as i get older..then of course all of the questions to and about god, which everyone has..i will say i did like the "family" movie better than the "creation" movie.

i know people tend to either really like it or really don't, and i can understand how it can hit you either way. but i tend to enjoy malick's rare movies, and this is no exception.
    I just couldn't seperate the family story from the creation story and that part (along with all the whispering) just ruined it for me. I can see how there coule be some emotional connection, I'm just not at that part of my life I guess so it missed for me. Thanks for your response.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Watched Star Wars episode IV, V, VI, and I while off work last week. My 8 year old son convinced me to sit down and watch them with him. I had let him watch IV, V, and IV last year, but wanted him to be just a bit older before letting him see I, and especially II & III.

It's kinda crazy how I can watch those movies so many times and still have them drive my emotions around like a rented car. (excitement, sadness, fear, dread, elation, cheering, etc.) I think it's the excellent use of musical scores more than anything ... it's surely not the acting.

GL

Speak
    Charlie Bartlett
    Young Adult
    Scream
    Ghost World
    Bottle Rocket

I've been on an indie movie binge haha. These were all meh...

Saw Mission Impossible something, something last night.

(hardly) Spoilers ahead:

-Russians
    -Terrorists
    -Nuclear weapons
    -Exotic locations
    -Neat gadgets
    -Flashy cars
    -Absence of sound physics

All in all, it was a nice popcorn flick. If you like action flicks, I think it's worth seeing in the theater.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

Mission Impossible--my first Imax movie---loved it-and the female lead--hummana hummana hummana

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Mission Impossible--my first Imax movie---loved it-and the female lead--hummana hummana hummana
    I'd imagine it was fun to see at the IMAX theater. I wonder if they shot portions of the film with IMAX cameras.
    How do we know he's not Mel Torme?

I watched "Young Adult" and "Shame" this weekend. It was interesting watching these two movies close together because they both have main characters that are very hard to watch. I didn't really care for "Young Adult". I'm a big Reitman fan, but I felt this could have used some type of comic relief or something. "Shame" was interesting. I felt it did a good job of capturing an addict and his struggles. Tough material, but well done.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Bottle Rocket

I've been on an indie movie binge haha. These were all meh...
    But...but...Apple Jack!
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    But...but...Apple Jack!
    Don't complicate it. You're number one strength is that you have a car. Now sell yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I watched "The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp" on AMC last night. What a good movie. A 1943 British-made movie about the life of a British officer Clive Wynne-Candy. From a dashing young officer in the 1902 Boer war to a general in WWI to a Home Guard leader in WWII, its a very well-told story.

A gorgeous 21-year old Deborah Kerr plays 3 different roles in the movie in the 3 phases of his life. A lost-love who marries his best friend (who is a German officer and plays a major role in the movie) in the Boer War, Candy's wife in WWI, and then Candy's plucky car driver in WWII.

The screwy thing was, I'm not sure I've even heard of it before. Nor do I remember it being on TV very much. But a very enjoyable movie.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

La Dolce Vita

i rented "colonel blimp" from netflix a few years ago after they put it on my recommended list due to my fondness for old classics. good michael powell film.
    teach tolerance.

Nerdvana Annihilation

Watched "Death Race 2" yesterday on Netflix. I wouldn't say it was better then the first one but it was a pretty good watch. I liked the fact it told the story of "Frankenstein"

Anyone else watch the "Tintin" movie? I enjoyed it because I read the books by Herge when I was a kid. Kind of an animated Indiana Jones-type thing.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Saw Hugo last week. My son, who has Asperger's and has never sat through a movie with a real plot before, turned to my wife when it was over and said, "Best. Movie. Ever."

Great moment for us both. It's funny how the little things like that make us feel like we're on top of a mountain. Hugo, by the way, is a great, great movie.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I streamed "White Irish Drinkers" from Netflix and it was very good. It centers around two brothers in 1975 Brooklyn, looking for a way out of their working-class neighborhood make a pact to rob a local theater on the night of a Rolling Stones concert. It has won quite a few awards.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Turn Off Ads?