Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 68 FirstFirst ... 18586465666768
Results 1,006 to 1,016 of 1016

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.

Pretty much followed the book, some things were left out/altered, my guess is they thought the movie long enough at 2:40 already, but nothing that greatly changed the story line from the book. I never saw the original films, but I enjoyed this movie very much, as much as I enjoyed the book, which is pretty rare.

Couple observations w/o giving anything away:

I thought they did a good job of making Lisbeth look like a boy at times, as is often mentioned in the book, w/o making it obvious that they were making her look like a boy.

I was courious what kind of credit Plague would get, since in his couple of scences, he was never referred to by name. I didn't know if they'd list him by the name in the book, or if they'd list him as "hacker boy #1" or whatever. They listed him by plague.

I wished they dealved into Lisbeth's background a little more to set up the 2nd movie, the way the book did, but I imagine its more important for the 2nd movie, and the movie was already plenty long. Had to cut something, I could see why this was left out, but I would have sat another 5-10 minutes to introduce that bit a little.

I think I we encounted just about all the movie go-er annoyances however. We had "open up cell phone and check text message guy/girl" which escalated to another level as they started comparing texts with the person next to them. We had overly nasal guy behind us, how rather than blowing his nose felt the need to suck in his flem every 10 minutes. We had the "I most comment on all the small things" person next to us, who felt the need to comment that 2nd time they showed lisbeth eating a "happy meal" comment, "oh she must like McDonalds" (just 1 of many examples) as if that had any importance to the story, other than what MdDonald's paid the produce to get the spot. I guess Billy's Pan Pizza couldn't come up w/ the same amount of coin. I had "must bump into the back of my seat 20X during the movie" person behind me, despite being in a stadium style theater w/ a ton of leg room. Its little wonder (aside from the 3.5 year old kid) why we attend movies so infrequently anymore.

Coincidently, finished up the 3rd book last night, looking forward to the next 2 movies.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    For some reason the one that always sticks in my head is the episode where they are stationed in Australia. There is no fighting but I always thought it showed a real aspect of War. I need to go back and watch it because it was a fantastic miniseries.
    The one in Australia is much earlier in the series. The one in Okinawa is what I'm referring to and it's the last episode before the war ends.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

La Dolce Vita

finally saw "rise of the planet of the apes" and, actually liked it pretty well.

ape power!
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    I really enjoyed Warrior. I'm not a huge MMA fan and was pleasantly surprised at how much I liked the movie. I kind of had a feeling that it was going to be good because Hardy usually does good stuff, but still was better than I thought.
    Just saw this last night and must say that I was pleasantly surprised. They take some libertys with some aspects (pretty sure they would never let guys fight multiple times in one night anymore) but I would definetly recommend it. I will admit that I had a nice chuckle at United States gold medalist Kurt Angle playing the feared Russian.
    During my 18 years I came to bat almost 10,000 times. I struck out about 1,700 times and walked maybe 1,800 times. You figure a ballplayer will average about 500 at bats a season. That means I played seven years without ever hitting the ball. ~Mickey Mantle, 1970

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    Just saw this last night and must say that I was pleasantly surprised. They take some libertys with some aspects (pretty sure they would never let guys fight multiple times in one night anymore) but I would definetly recommend it. I will admit that I had a nice chuckle at United States gold medalist Kurt Angle playing the feared Russian.
    While they won't let guys fight multiple times in one night anymore, they used to and it wasn't that long ago. The first UFC event was like that and it took place in November 93. A few more were also like that, but I don't remember the last one that was like that, though research shows December 94 being the last one I can track.

Edit: found one from 95 as well.
    Last edited by dougdirt; 03-11-2012 at 05:18 PM.

I watched 50/50 last night.... decent movie. Pretty sad movie with some funny moments.

The daughter and I went to see Dark Shadows last night. What a waste of 2 hrs and simply one S-T-U-P-I-D movie. There's no rhythm to this movie at all. Burton's visuals were good, but you need far more then that - like a good story - to make a good movie. We both found it boring, dull, and any efforts at comedy fell flat IMO.

I'm not the biggest Depp (or Burton) fan in the world, though they did have some good collaborations earlier on, but they need to take a break in their "relationship" IMO.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

You're being very UnDude. sonny's Avatar
    Watched"Ned Kelly" with the wife last night. Great cast (Heath ledger, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom) but the story was convoluted and relied to much on the viewers knowledge of the historical Ned Kelly. Couple this with a glacial pace and you have one great nap awaiting.
    Witty signature.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    The daughter and I went to see Dark Shadows last night. What a waste of 2 hrs and simply one S-T-U-P-I-D movie. There's no rhythm to this movie at all. Burton's visuals were good, but you need far more then that - like a good story - to make a good movie. We both found it boring, dull, and any efforts at comedy fell flat IMO.

I'm not the biggest Depp (or Burton) fan in the world, though they did have some good collaborations earlier on, but they need to take a break in their "relationship" IMO.
    Ditto the g.f. And I saw this today couldn't agree more. it seemed like if Burton couldn't decide what kind of movie to make .comedy or a spoof or what either way it didn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by sonny View Post
    Watched"Ned Kelly" with the wife last night. Great cast (Heath ledger, Geoffrey Rush, Orlando Bloom) but the story was convoluted and relied to much on the viewers knowledge of the historical Ned Kelly. Couple this with a glacial pace and you have one great nap awaiting.
    Wow! They actually did a re-make of the original one made back in 1970 and starring Mick Jagger?
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I saw The Dictator last week.

And with that, I am closing this thread. Please feel free to start a new one.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Turn Off Ads?