Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 68 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

While it's not out yet, I'm super excited about Scream 4. It's supposed to come out on April 15th, 2011. I'm a huge fan of the Scream series and am looking forward Scream 4, and eventually Scream 5 and 6.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

The fourth kind... freaky
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Had guys night last night for The Expendables. It was worse than I was expecting. The action scenes were pretty good but I didn't care for the one liners and it had times where it was just too slow. Not awful but not something I'd watch again.
    My wife, two younger sons and I saw The Expendables last weekend. My 17 year old son really liked it. I wasn't that impressed by it. It was nice to see some older stars have another outing but I was kind of bored by it.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Salt.

Not entirely what I expected, but a good movie IMO.

"Kick Ass" - It started really strong, like it was going to be a deconstruction of the whole idea of super heroes, like "Watchmen," but with a sense of humor. Unfortunately, it discards those ideas and turns into a shoot-'em-up, albeit a fun one. Nicholas Cage and Chloe Moretz were outstanding, and I still liked the movie, but I wished it could have done things differently. Three out of five stars.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    "Kick Ass" - It started really strong, like it was going to be a deconstruction of the whole idea of super heroes, like "Watchmen," but with a sense of humor. Unfortunately, it discards those ideas and turns into a shoot-'em-up, albeit a fun one. Nicholas Cage and Chloe Moretz were outstanding, and I still liked the movie, but I wished it could have done things differently. Three out of five stars.
    Loved the movie. Can't wait for the sequel.

Me and the G/F watched 'Chloe' last night. A lot of sexual content, so not recommended for family viewing, but a pretty good movie with a strong plot twist towards the end.

thorn

Watching Ong Bak 2, the beginning on Netflix Streaming, absolutely some of the best fighting in a movie I have ever seen, really good movie to boot.

Lazy Sunday. Watched three movies off of Netflix.....

Coogan's Bluff (not one of Clint's best)
    Cobb w/ Tommy Lee Jones (love this flic)
    Purgatory (a TNT western that came out in the mid-90s). I liked it.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Saw The Great Buck Howard the other night. John Malkovich was wonderful. It was a nice movie with a happy ending.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    The fourth kind... freaky
    I liked it, and it was freaky. The leap to extraterrestrials was kinda made without much basis in fact, but rather a hypothesis by the doctor. Kinda made me wonder if what they were dealing with wasn't in fact something demonic or perhaps even angelic.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    While it's not out yet, I'm super excited about Scream 4. It's supposed to come out on April 15th, 2011. I'm a huge fan of the Scream series and am looking forward Scream 4, and eventually Scream 5 and 6.
    Me too. Great cast put together for this one.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

"Shakes the Clown" - I remember seeing this back in college and loving it. I watched it again this weekend, and it has lost a lot of its luster. There are still some really funny moments, but the plot drags for long stretches of time. Tom Kenny's performance as the unfunny, cokehead clown Binky is amazing. But the laughs were far between. Two out of five stars.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Saw Airplane for free on Timewarner free movies on demand few nights back. I have seen it a million times and still laugh at it...what great casting...Peter Graves,Stack,Bridges etc....

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    Saw Airplane for free on Timewarner free movies on demand few nights back. I have seen it a million times and still laugh at it...what great casting...Peter Graves,Stack,Bridges etc....
    "Stewardess? I speak jive."

Turn Off Ads?